Prologue

A Kingdom in Peril

In the kingdom of Nythoria, Kael Draven was wandering around the palace out of curiosity. He sneaked to the top of the palace, where he discovered a hidden room. Inside, he found an old lady, known as the Priestess of Nythoria. She had recently made a prophecy, foretelling that one day a young man would appear to save the kingdom and its princess.

Kael, driven by curiosity, approached the Priestess. She looked at him in shock, while Kael's forehead furrowed with curiosity and confusion. The Priestess stood up and immediately caressed the young man's face. Her eyes shone with happiness, and tears welled up as she smiled, overwhelmed by the realization of the prophecy coming true.

"My prophecy is coming true!" The Priestess said, leaving the man confused and dumbfounded, then again the Priestess held Kael's hands. "You are the child of Prophecy."

"W-What...!?"

Kael Draven was born in the shadowy underbelly of the kingdom and raised in secrecy by a covert group of assassins known as the Shadow Blades of Nythoria, under the King's orders. His parentage remained unknown to him, and now he served directly under the King due to his exceptional skills.

Kael's mind went into chaos. Just then, the King of Nythoria entered, shocked by what the Priestess had said.

"Your Majesty," the Priestess greeted, bowing her head in deep respect before the King.

Kael was lost in thought, struggling to process the Priestess's revelation. His mind couldn't comprehend the weight of her words. Meanwhile, the King was equally stunned, realizing that the exceptional assassin who had faithfully served the Kingdom of Nythoria was, in fact, the child of prophecy the Priestess had foretold.

"Your Majesty, he is the child of prophecy I had foretold," Priestess said.

"W-What do you mean?" Kael asked and looked at the Priestess with confusion all over his face.

He then started kneeling and bowing his head before the King. "Greetings, Your Majesty. It is an honor to be considered the child of prophecy; however, the weight of such a title is overwhelming. I would like to request another reading from the Priestess of Nythoria," he added respectfully. Sweat beaded on his brow, and his heart pounded rapidly with nervousness at the revelation.

King William sighed after he calmed himself down. "You may stand up Kael. Priestess you may start another reading," the King ordered.

"Yes, your Majesty."

"Thank you, your Majesty."

"Can you give me your hand?" the Priestess asked, extending her hand. Kael did not hesitate and followed her instructions.

"To tell you the truth, the reading usually takes at least two to three days," the Priestess said as she began the ritual steps. But there was a change. "However, the prophecy I foretold will find its bearer," she continued, looking him in the eyes.

"If you are the bearer, it will reveal itself through my vision when I see and hold your palm," the Priestess explained.

And so, the Priestess started the reading, while the King watched intently, his nerves frayed by anticipation.

After completing the reading, the Priestess sighed and shook her head as she gazed at Kael's face. "Kael, you are indeed the child of prophecy, destined to confront the imminent threat to the palace and protect the princess from harm," she explained.

Turning to the King, she said, "Your Majesty, the reading is complete."

"Kael, your destiny is intertwined with the kingdom's survival," she added.

Kael was stunned upon hearing the news, overwhelmed by the revelation.

"No.. way.."

~ . ~

This is a work of fiction. A product of the authors imagination and does not contain any realistic event in real life.