chapter 3

Noah's father had full faith in Erika , so ignoring Rosy's mother, he told his wife - "Call our family doctor and check what is in this juice."

Mr. brown knew that the two sisters never got along. His friend had told him that his elder daughter had become a little spoiled due to excessive pampering but she was not bad at heart. Rosy was very tolerant. Only with solid evidence could they solve this mystery.

The family doctor soon arrived there and started checking the juice, when Noah's father said to Rosy - "please, give me your phone."

Rosy cried pitifully, "Erika dropped it on the floor! I haven't even touched it till now."

Noah picked up the phone from the floor and opened the call log. Noah sees that no calls have been made from that phone for about an hour before..

Erica took a look at the call log. She wanted to see how Rosie could deny it with such solid proof.

But when Noah checks the call log, there hasn't been any call made till about an hour ago.

Erica's pretty face turned dark. How could this be possible? Just now, Rosy had called someone in front of her eyes and invited some men to her room, but the man had snatched the phone before Rosie could speak. So, it was impossible to tamper with the call log.

Everyone was looking at Erica with suspicion and disappointment.

Rosie burst into tears, as if she had been framed in a very big case...

Erica clenched her fists. How could this be possible? Nothing made sense.

Fortunately, the family doctor could be trusted, so she turned to him and asked, "Doctor ? , what have you got?"

"Miss Erica , there is nothing wrong with this juice,,

"But when I ate it it tasted weird. And Rosie also admitted that she mixed drugs in it..." At that time, Rosie had spoken in such a cool tone that it had settled clearly in Erica's mind.

"There is really nothing weird in this, Miss Erica " the doctor said again.

"Erica , I told you, I never wanted to hurt you" Rosie still looked sad, getting instant sympathy from everyone who saw her.

Naoh also looked at her lovingly. Rosie had become a poor thing in everyone's eyes.

But a thought came to Mr. Brown's mind and he said - But why would Erica lie..

Rosie says while crying - because uncle Erica does not want me to attend this wedding, she has been threatening me for a long time but when I refused, she falsely accused me.

Daina then comes forward and says - look son, in the name of family, we are yours, if we are not there then who will make preparations for your wedding, after your dad left, I always tried to take care of your needs but you do not consider us your own.

Finally, a thought came to Erica's Mind,, she suddenly understood everything! From the beginning, there was no intoxicant in the juice. Rosie had pretended to make that phone call. She had conspired to create the whole situation to trick Erica into accusing her, so that when the truth comes out, Erica will be unable to defend herself, and lose everyone's trust.

Erica turned to look at Mr. Brown and said - Uncle,, I know what is going on. Rosie has done all this on purpose..."

Before Erica could say anything further, Mrs. Brown, who was standing silently all this time, slapped her on the face.

Everyone was a little shocked by the slap. The atmosphere became awkward and uncomfortable.

Rosie, who was standing behind her mother, raised her chin and smiled crookedly at Erica.

However, Erica was not in the mood to look at her. She put her hand on her burning cheek and looked at Noah. Noah turned his face away.

Noah's mother's face turned red with anger. She shouted - "I know you have always been hostile towards Rosie. But I never expected that you could make such a vicious plan to trap her and destroy her image in our hearts.

This is all my fault. I already felt that you are not worthy of my son, yet I did nothing to fulfill the promise made to your father. "But not anymore" she said. "I can never get my son married to such a cheater and liar girl, don't know what else she will do next.

Erica had lost all her confidence. Covering her burning cheeks, she looked at Noah, hoping that at least he would believe her. Today, he was her groom, so he would surely believe her.

"Noah..." However, before she could finish her words, Noah interrupted her.

His soft face was very serious at this moment, and his gentle eyes had turned cold. He said in a heavy voice, "Sorry Erica but, you have really disappointed me. You have broken our hearts.

He looked at Erica ruthlessly, as if he was looking at a stranger. But when he looked at Rosie , his eyes were filled with deep sympathy and pity.

Erica was shocked by his words. She was angry, but she couldn't stop herself from finding the situation funny and suddenly burst out laughing. How did she become the target of criticism in front of everyone today?

Earlier, Erica had always considered Diana as her mother, and Diana too had pretended to be a good mother in front of her but Rosie couldn't stand it, and she would repeatedly put Erica down on one thing or the other. But Erica never took her too seriously.

But today, those two women had not only trapped her, but they had also humiliated her in front of her in-laws.

She needed proof to prove her truth which she didn't have.

No one believed her or cared about her at all!

Erica finally stopped laughing. "Noah you have also disappointed me," she said, "what is the point of this marriage when you don't even believe me."

She picked up her wedding gown and threw it on the ground.

Noah's eyes turned dark. "What are you doing, have you gone mad?"

"This is what you want, isn't it?"Erica used to have a bright-eyed look, but now, her eyes were dim and moist.

She walked back to her room with heavy steps. Then, she picked up her suitcase and went downstairs.

"Sir, Miss Erica wants to leave the house..." a maid came and said.

"Don't worry about her! Let her go wherever she goes, a girl who can't be loyal to her mother and sister, what will she be to us." Mrs. Brown said.

However, Noah's eyes were filled with worry. As soon as he turned to follow Erica, Rosie moaned and said "Aah" and fainted.

"What happened to you Rosie ? Don't scare me.." Diana shouted loudly.

Noah stopped and quickly went back to Rosie and took her in his arms.

Erica looked back as soon as she reached the door. Seeing Rosie in his arms, she walked out without any hesitation.

But before she could take a few steps forward, her steps started faltering and she started feeling dizzy.

By the time she came down from the hotel lift, Erica started feeling a little uneasy, as if her body was on fire. This feeling was a little strange for her.

Suddenly she felt that Rosie must have given her drugs! The effect of the drugs was very powerful.

Actually when Erica went to the washroom after drinking the juice and replaced the juice jug and glass.

But even if the medicine works now, it will be useless for her to seek justice for herself.

She knew that Noah and his family will think that this is another ploy to save herself.

She never Realized that Rosie can be so cunning that she will lay such a trap for her!

Erica was a naive and honest girl, so she could not face cunning people like Rosie .

Even before she could leave the hotel, she felt completely weak. Her small face had turned a deep pink, and was completely drenched in sweat. She blinked slightly, which made her eyes water.