PROLOGUE

ANUU....!!

I woke up from my sleep sweating. I looked around my surroundings realizing it was just a dream and consoling myself, trying to take deep breaths and count backwards from 10 to 1. 

As i felt my breath going normal I looked at the time. OMG I am late again it is already 7 am I have to reach the hospital by 8am.

I had a cup of my tea relaxing listening to sound rain sitting by the side of window when there was irritating sound disturbing my me time realizing it was my alarm and it is already 7:30 am I finished drinking my tea and rushed to have a bath and get ready. Thankfully i live in the hostel of my campus I reached hospital on time the only place where my disturbed thoughts take a halt.

As i entered the premises of the hospital the hustle bustle could be seen, taking a deep breath I get ready to start my day.

I walk to the conference room as some of us were called for "something important", I walk with a bright smile which is in contrast to the turmoil in the mind. I scoff at the irony of the situation as I never thought i could pull off a facade so good. As a child I was expressive, tears forming at the slightest loud scolding and smiling at the simplest act of kindness. 

My thoughts get disturbed by my senior DR. AARON.

DR.AARON - Want to share something Dr. Sengupta we all would love to have a good laugh like the way you are smiling.

NO SIR. I am sorry.

DR.AARON- That's what I thought. Now getting back to the point you all have been called because we are going to India for 6 months, the hospital wants to open a new branch  and you all have been selected to join me to make this venture successful. The details are given in the file which will given to you. We are leaving day after tomorrow, be prepared and these 2 days are not a holiday. I want you all the to study about Indian medical system and be mentally prepared to train and help the people there. Thank you all, i will take your leave and if you have any questions or objection meet me in my cabin. Have a good day.

I came out of my shock and looked at my surrounding to see everyone looking at each other. I quickly schooled my emotions and looked through the file to see the place, it is MUMBAI, the colour of my face drained. I was startled by feeling someone's hand on my shoulder and come out of daze to see Annie calling me.

ANNIE - Are you okay?

I nod and leave from there to my dorm room thinking i cannot go there. I make a cup of tea for myself thinking about the one incident that forced me to come across the globe. It is indeed true that i am running from my past and if i have to i will run a thousand miles to avoid them.

" I hate you. Chole ja ekhan theke( just go from here). r kokhono nijer mukh dekhabi na amader( never show your face to us again)."

A tear escaped from my eyes thinking about the night where that one person whom I trusted the most had said those words to me.

NOO, I CANNOT GO THERE, I WILL NOT BE ABLE TO FACE THEM. I WILL HAVE TO TALK TO DR. AARON

It is impossible for me to face them again though it is a big city i don't want to take any chances 

I just can't let my HOPE get shattered again. 

HOPE THAT THEY ACTUALLY DON'T HATE ME. HOPE THAT THEY WILL UNDERSTAND ME AFTER KNOWING 'THE TRUTH'.

THE TRUTH- NOO THEY CAN NEVER KNOW, IT WILL SHATTER THEM.

NEITHER CAN I LET MY HOPE SHATTER NOR CAN I LET MY FAMILY BREAK APART.

FAMILY- ONCE IT MEANT EVERYTHING NOW I AM ALL ALONE, ME AND MY MEMORIES. IT HAS BECOME A FOREIGN WORD FOR ME.

I have to talk to Dr. Aaron before it is too late. I wash my face and pull up my invisible mask and walk to hospital with determination.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Hi guys this is my first time writing a story

i hope you liked the prologue 

Please give your reviews and the expectations you have from this story.

thank you !!!!!