v - what if you can't be saved?

chapter five,     what if you can't be saved?

"HOW'S NOELLE?" Alice asked as soon as she saw Eros making his way upstairs.

"They'll hold her for a few days, probably a week. Carlisle said she seems to have a slight concussion and the burning needs supervision," he explained, his words monotonic as he walked up to a free armchair next to a couch where Jasper and Alice were sitting and in front of him sat Edward on another armchair. Emmett and Rosalie were squeezed on a smaller couch, her legs over his lap.

Eros asked, "Mind telling me why you pushed Noelle away?"

Edward seemed confused. "What do you mean?"

"How come Bella leaves without a scratch and Noelle has a concussion and seven stitches on the side of her head?" Eros calmly explained the situation. He didn't see how exactly the crash happened. His siblings were waiting for him to finish speaking with the office clerc when he heard a loud crash outside and ran out to see what was going on.

"What did you want me to do? Leave her between two cars?" Edward narrowed his eyes.

"Yeah, because that's exactly what happened..." Rosalie rolled her eyes.

"Rose..." Emmett tried to calm her down, but Rosalie felt as if a fire that was never going to be put out.

Pushing her legs off his lap, she crossed them and looked at her family, giving them a mocking look. "Are we all going to just ignore what has happened? That there was no fucking reason for you to play a hero?" She squinted her eyes at Edward.

"We know you are not fond of humans, Rosalie. You don't need to put your anger out here," Edward mumbled, not even looking at her.

Rosalie scoffed, pushing her hair to drop on her right shoulder. "How about we tell what really happened?"

"Rose," Emmett's voice deepened as he placed his hand on her lap for her to push it away. "There's is no need to fight."

"Oh... I'm not the one who's going to fight," she pushed her lips upwards as if she was a sly cat who had a little secret to share. She turned to Eros: "When the van was about to crash into Bella's truck, we all clearly saw how the new girl was ready to push Bella and herself away from the cars. But then..." her voice became a bit high-pitched as if a Barbie doll came back to life, about to give them a life sentence, "but then Edward heroically rushed to their aid, holding Bella in his arms and gently pushing on the ground as he pushed the new girl aside. He didn't contain his strength as he stopped the van. The new girl got a taste of it too." She smirked and leaned back on the couch, putting her hands on her lap as if she had already closed the case.