SIXTY-FIVE- A QUIDDITCH DISASTER!

"HOW DID THEY WIN?" Daphne was saying as they entered the tent after the Quidditch World Cup

"HOW DID THEY WIN?" Daphne was saying as they entered the tent after the Quidditch World Cup. She was gutted that she lost a bet she made with Fred and George Weasley—both boys took as many bets as they could, and somehow, they had won the bet with the most stupidest prediction Daphne had ever heard of. She shook her head, "Even if they won, I'd still give them the money because I know... But how did they win?"

"Good question," Susan said, hurriedly taking off her makeup. "But Krum, oh, he is just the dreamiest."

"Girl," Dahlia muttered, shaking her head in disgust. "Get some taste."

"You had a crush on Professor Lupin," Hannah said, backing Susan up, "You have no room to talk about taste."

"Hang on," Cassie interrupted, glancing between the three girls. "Didn't you all have a crush on him?" She asked, "And Harry, too."

"Yes," Megan shrugged, giving Cassie a small smile. "It's fine, though. That was in the past. Harry's your boyfriend, Lupin is your dad..."

"I am aware," Cassie muttered, giving Megan a small smile. "I'm going to go check—"

"Don't," Daphne said, entering the tent. Her eyes were wide with fear and she held her wand tightly in her hand. "Get your wands—stick together."

"Where's Winnie?" Susan wondered anxiously as the sound of people screaming was being heard.

"She's fighting off some death eaters—"

Hearing those words, Cassie ran. She needed to get out of there, she needed to find Forrest and Francesca, before it was too late. "Cass?" She heard a voice say, but she ignored it. She needed to. She couldn't have any distractions. She had to find her mum and brother.

"MUM?!" She was screaming when she spotted her up ahead. Her eyes were watering and she gripped tightly onto her mother's arms. "Mum, you and Forrest have to get out here now! It's not—"

"I can't find Forrest." Fran interrupted in panic. Her voice was shaking, and tears were fighting to escape her eyes.

Cassie took a deep breath and nodded. "We'll find him," she said, "But you and him need to leave as soon as we do. It's not safe."

As Fran nodded, the two broke off into a run. They searched everywhere, until they heard a little boy's screams coming from under a few logs. "Forrest," Cassie muttered, rushing forward and moving the logs and pulling him tightly into her arms. Fran was nowhere to be seen, but Cassie knew she'd appear soon. "Listen to me, we need to get you out of here. Come on."

They stood up, and started to run in the direction of Fran, until two figures stepped in their way. Cassie pushed Forrest behind her protectively, as he clung onto her arm as if his life depended on it—it did. "Crucio!"

The girl fell to the floor, screaming and writhing in pain. She didn't even hear the curse being said again, she didn't know Forrest was on the floor next to her, crying out in agony. She didn't know Francesca had punched one of the death eater's in the face. She did know that Fran was now crouching beside them. "I love you both so much," she said, "I'm so sorry I didn't get here sooner. Come on, let's go."

They didn't get to go.

When she saw it, Cassie let out the most hurt-filled cry. Her mother stumbled backwards, her eyes wide as she landed in between Forrest and Cassie. The death eaters had ran off, leaving Francesca Smith dead. Cassie felt numb, she couldn't breathe. Everything around them was calming down, and it took ten minutes for someone to find the two Smith children, sobbing over Fran's dead body.

She felt someone grab her, and she struggled against their grip, trying to stay next to Fran. "Cass," she heard someone whisper gently, "Breathe."

"She would if she could!" came another familiar voice.

"I'm just trying to help." The person holding her said.

"Well, don't."

"Guys, stop!" Cassie recognised that voice straight away. Harry Potter. "Move, Ron." The person holding her—Ron—moved, and she felt a pair of familiar hands hold onto her tightly. She turned around, and flung her arms around his neck as she sobbed uncontrollably. "It's going to be okay," Harry whispered to her.

"What's going on?" Callie asked, trying to look over Fred and George's shoulders. "Why is Cassie crying? — Guys, what is going on?"

She was finally able to see, and then it all made sense to her. Why Cassie was so hesitant for Forrest and Fran to come to the Quidditch World Cup... She saw their mother die. "Mum..." Callie whispered, her voice breaking. She knelt down next to Forrest, who was being held by Hermione. She reached out to touch her mother's cheek; It was cold.

The tears silently rolled down her face. "MOVE OUT OF THE WAY!" Arthur Weasley was screaming as a bunch of people who work at the ministry aimed their wands at the children. "THEY'RE MY CHILDREN!"

"Guys, are you all right?" Arthur asked, "Rowan's with Ginny and Aurora—Fred, George, she was your responsibility."

"Dad," George whispered, shaking his head.

Arthur's eyes fell to Fran, and he felt his heart break for her children. For Forrest, for Callie, for Cassie, for Rowan, for Aurora, even for Azalea. "Come on," Arthur muttered, helping everyone up. "I've spoken to the Morgan's and the Lovegood's," he said to Cassie, who could barely hear him, "you, Forrest and Rowan will be coming back with us."

Cassie and Forrest felt as if they couldn't move. They were just staring at Fran now, the moment of them both getting tortured on replay in their heads. They hated every moment of it.

Fred carried Cassie on his back, while George done the same with Forrest. Both boys keeping a tight grip on them as they were still quite unresponsive. When they joined the others, Aurora and Rowan gave everyone confused looks. "We'll explain later," Hermione told them. Though, they immediately knew what had happened.

"I will be apparating with Cassie and Forrest," Arthur said, "It's much safer with them being in the state they're in, than them using a Portkey. I will take them home, and then apparate to the field to meet you guys."

He grabbed Forrest and Cassie, and with a CRACK! they all disappeared from sight.

A/N: sooook Fran's dead. Yikes :/
or is she? Hmmmmm, who knows🤷‍♀️
To be completely honest, I winged this whole chapter because I was in the mood to write a chapter of this fic, that's why it isn't the best, but oh well.
If you guys are enjoying this, please read my George Weasley fic—Cherry! I have a lot more fics in the works:

A few Fred Weasley, a couple James Potter, a lot of Remus Lupin, one Regulus Black, another George and another Harry—the GW & HP fic will not be published for a while due to me already working on a fic for them!!!!!
( I have two Remus fics: one in Hogwarts, and the other starting PoA! )