Saved (Rogue/Doctor)

Rogue floated simply and silently in the dark, cold void. It had been one week, or at least that long. Time was different in the void, and Rogue was tired.
He couldn't bear it at all. No matter how brave he tried to stay, the loneliness was unbearable.
Rogue wished the Doctor were to save him, and get all things done with.
The screams of the Chulder were bad enough.
They were unbearable, too.
A mass of shrieks was never expected, and always gave Rogue the chills. It was frightening, and more.
Tears were shed by him. He couldn't help it.
Then again, he had brought that onto himself. It was for Ruby. It was for the Doctor.
Yes, there was a good cause, and it made Rogue feel better about his actions.
The Doctor would arrive soon, if "soon" had the same definition in that dimension.
Rogue thought deeply about the Doctor. It soothed him of his troubles. He worried less when he thought about how well Ruby and the Doctor must've been doing.
Whatever they were going through, good or not, it had to be better than Rogue's own predicament.

Days passed.
Then, a sound came. A low, yet somewhat familiar noise.
The TARDIS.
Which meant—
"Doctor!" Rogue shouted.
"I'm over here, babes!"
The TARDIS shifted, and Rogue found himself immersed in it.
He sat, staring. He hadn't felt anything in a very long time.
"Doctor, I—"
Rogue couldn't finish his sentence. The event was much too overwhelming. Rogue slowly stood up, still processing his surroundings.
"It's alright," the Doctor began as he placed his hands on Rogue's shoulders. "You know, I'm so, so sorry."
"You don't have to apologize, Doc. I had to do it. It was for the good of Ruby. She didn't deserve it."
Ruby, who stood somewhat behind the Doctor, gave a soft smile, gratitude emanating from it.
Rogue stared up at the Doctor, and immersed himself in the thought of him.
What a person—or Time Lord—he was.
An enigma, for sure.
An enigma in many ways.
He was mysteriously attractive to Rogue.
Relatable, witty, and incredibly clever.
Rogue's eyes fell onto the Doctor's hand.
The ring still rested on it.
"You kept it," Rogue observed in a practical gasp.
"I had to."
Rogue found himself now even closer to the Doctor, in a physical way. Their lips touched, and Rogue's senses were flooded.
He couldn't help himself at all, and so couldn't the Doctor.
It was a euphoric experience, that was for sure, and it was very necessary.
Rogue savored the moment. He hadn't felt so loved for a while. He'd craved the touch of a living being while in that void. What he now experienced overpowered the feeling of a seeming starvation.
The two slowly broke away, breathing heavily.
"Rogue, may I ask you a question?"
Rogue nodded.
"Will you travel across the universe with me?"
"Absolutely."