Chapter 2: The Serendipity Challenge (Part 3)

“What are you doing here?” Manuel asked, irritated.

“I was told this was my room and you, good sir, are my roommate.” Jake  said he jumped onto his bed.

“How was the break up?” Manuel asked in a blank tone.

                Jake sighed as he thought about the brutal breakup.

                “It was terrible. She slapped me and threw things that hit me.” Jake replied as he massaged a bump on his head where a flower pot hit him.

                “Back to my question, why are you here?”

                “This is my room, Manuel.”

                “What about Amarie, Jake?” Manuel paused his game and glared at him.

                “What about her? She ran away. She probably doesn’t want to see m--- MANUEL!!!” Jake was cut off when Manuel used his psychic powers and slammed him against the wall.

                “What the hell is wrong with you, Jake? When we ASSUME, we make an ASS out of U and ME!” Manuel said and he tightened his grip to stop Jake’s struggling.

“Listen, you dense brat.” Manuel hissed. “You are my best friend and I can’t just stand passably by, to see you miss your chance with this girl. When you got the book, wasn’t that a freaking sign that you are meant to be? Hell, you thought up of the damn challenge in first place.”

Manuel used his other hand to open the door and threw Jake out.

“Be a man, have some balls, don’t come back here until Amarie’s your girlfriend or I will kick you out!” Manuel threatened and slammed the door in Jake’s face.

Jake stood up and knocked on the door. “You know, you could’ve just said so in a nice way that doesn’t break my bones.” Jake told the door before breaking into a sprint.

“Challenged completed.” He smiled to himself as he ran to find her.

~~~

So we ran, narrowly missing each other every time.

                We didn’t care about the rain.

                We didn’t care about the people.

                All we wanted was to find each other and we did.

                Can you guess where that is?

                I saw him at the other end of the plaza.

At the very same fountain during our pretend date.

                The fountain churned and sputtered water amidst the big drops of rain. He was soaked because waiting for me with his damn smirk. We walked, slowly at first until it became a run and met each other in an embrace.

                “I love you too, stranger.” He grinned.

                “I love you more.” I told him.

                “Not possible.” He said and he kissed me. It was a long, lingering kiss. In the cold, unforgiving rain, it felt really, really warm.

                When we let go, he gave a small formal bow and held out his hand.

                “May I have this dance, my lady?” He said in a fake British accent.

                I threw back my head and laughed.  “I would love too, stranger.” I smiled as I took his hand.

                We danced and laughed and played in the rain like two children. The two of us couldn’t stop smiling at each other.

In that moment, nothing else mattered.

Everything else is irrelevant.

                All that mattered to us is each other.

               And that is all we need.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Written by: Bubbles17

Edited by: Bubbles17

Typed by: Bubbles17

What do you think? You think I did it justice?

That is all I need answered.

@^@