Chapter 2: The Serendipity Challenge (Part 2)

Hola ~ !  Warning: There will be action in this chapter :D

Bubbles17 again.

Here is part 2

~~~~~~~~~~~ 

 “Happy birthday!!!”They screamed as I went in the dorm.

“Wow, you guys!”I had forgotten that it was my birthday. I guess I was just out of it that week.

“Tada!”Celina came over and placed a wrapped box in my hand.

“Open it.”Justine urged.

I carefully took off the wrapping and out came:

A pocket watch.

“Well, since you lost yours during the blind date, we figured we’d get you a new one.”Justine smiled.

Oh right. I never told them about the challenge thing. As I held the pocket watch and got the feel of it, I couldn’t shake off the similarities. It even had the same dent on it when my brother dropped the watch when he tried to steal it. Could it be?

I clicked it open.

“I said, do you like it?”Justine repeated.

“It... It’s...” I couldn’t find words to say what I felt about it now that I’ve seen the inside.

Celina came over and looked over my shoulder.

“No shit! Is that... No shit!!” She snatched it from my hands before I could stop her and showed it to the others.

“HELL NO!!!”They all exclaimed.

“Is this for real!? Scratched inside is Jake’s number!”Justin without an e asked Justine with an e.

“Hell yeah!  You were with me when we bought it, I didn’t even touch it!”Justine explained.

“If it was magic, there would be traces of a magic signature.”Matthieu reasoned and they all turned to me. “How did this happen? I have a feeling you know.”

Then, I told them everything. At the end, Justine with an e looked at me with a giddy expression.

“This is FATE!!!!”Justine exclaimed.

“Are you gonna call him!?”Celina shouted at me.

“Pipe down, girls!”Justin ordered.

“I...”

I thought about it. This is a coincidence but...

“I’m not going to call him.”I said finally.

They all stopped and stared at me.

“WHAT!?”Matthieu shouted. A glare from Justin silenced him. “I’m cool, I’m cool.”He assured and took a deep breath.

“You’re not gonna call him?”Justine whispered.

We all backed away.  We all knew that when her voice was barely audible that all her rage was about to boil over. I looked at my desk and saw my notebook’s edges starting to burn.

“Eep!”I yelped and took away my notebook.

“Why? Tell me why. NOW!”Justine sat down and looked at me expectantly.

“He has a girlfriend. He’s happy.”I said. “I don’t want to ruin that with a four year old challenge.”

“Look we’ve been friends since fifth grade, and I think what you’re saying is pure crap.”Justine pointed out. “What if that girlfriend is the wrong girl and you’re the right one? You’re gonna miss your chance!” She said.