11 | Evangeline

They walked hand in hand across campus, and I rolled my eyes at the obnoxious couple. Of course, when Chris and I were together, he thought PDA was unnecessary and pointless. But the second he gets with some random girl, he's all for it.

Typical.

I only brush past them as I make my way to class, but Chris turns to pick a fight with me.

"Hey, Evangeline. How does it feel knowing you lost the best thing that ever happened to you?"

I was fuming, and he had barely said a word to me. "Why are you such a child? I already caught you cheating on me. Don't try and antagonize me any longer, Chris."

He pretended to be shocked. "I never cheated on you! If you don't remember correctly, I was the one who got pushed by Anderson in the lobby of my dorm after I was just trying to talk to you. It's obvious you cheated on me. You couldn't even wait a day."

I whipped out my phone to pull out the picture I had taken. "Oh yeah? Then what's this?" His face turned pale. "If you don't stop bothering me, I'm going to post this on the school forum. Yeah, that's right. I help run the newsletter that goes through campus every week. And then your sexcapades are going to be exposed to the whole school. But you wouldn't want that, would you?" I blinked innocently at him.

Obviously I wasn't going to actually post anything, because that could get me removed from the position, and I really did like it. But it was fun to make him sweat a little.

"Fine." He whined, and grabbed the hand of the brunette and practically scurried away.

I heard soft clapping from behind me, and I turned, expecting a stormy grey gaze and a cheeky smirk. Instead, I saw one of the devil's friends, Simon.

"Now that was something. I thought Selena said you were a nice person." I could tell he was obviously joking, but still.

"I'm nice when I want to be."

"Where are you headed?"

"Why do you want to know? Are you stalking me so you can murder me?"

"If I wanted to murder you, I could just get Selena to let me in. We're good enough of friends. I think."

I swallowed.

"... But of course I'm not trying to murder you. I just think you're interesting."

"I'm afraid there's nothing interesting about me." I began walking to class, and he trailed next to me for some reason.

He rubbed a finger over his chin, "I find that highly doubtful with they way Aiden's always hovering over you."

"He doesn't hover. He just likes to bother me."

"Say what you want, but I'm the one that's seen him recently."

"Look, Simon. As much as I would love to continue this conversation about how much Aiden adores me, I need to get to class." I snapped, and I whipped my hand up to cover my mouth. "I'm so sorry. I don't know why I snapped at you."

He only laughed. "I guess Aiden's rubbing off on you. Sorry if I was bothering you. See you." He waved and turned the other way.

I felt bad. I hadn't meant to make him feel as though he was a bother. It was just that stupid Aiden. Always making me agitated every time I think about him.

I needed to get him out of my head.

As my professor continued to talk about the lesson, I kept feeling a buzz in my pocket. I not so subtly took it out, tilting the screen so I could look at it. It was from an unknown number, so I decided it wasn't important enough to distract me from the lesson any longer.