Chapter 10

Guys I'm really excited! Won't tell you why 'cause you got to find that out by yourself. So without any further a due, let's begin!

(While writing this chapter my ears were burning as if someone set them on fire.)

************

I thought meeting them would be awkward but it feels like I've known them for ages. While in the kitchen, we heard the door bell.

"Looks like they're here!" Aunty announced and went to open the door.

My heart was beating really fast. I will finally be able to see him after 14 years! Feeling nervous, I turned around to look at Noor and Nida who were already looking at me with huge smiles on their faces.

"Hella nervous. Think I'm going to puke." I walked towards them.

"Calm down. Deep breathes!" Nida instructed me and I took a deep breath in and exhaled.

I looked at Noor who passed me a smile and put her hands on my shoulders. "You'll be fine!" she assured. "See how easy it was to meet Aunty and got along with Hussain. It will be the same with Uncle and Shehry. Just relax."

"Wohi toh nahi ho raha." I muttered.

"Amna bhabhi." I heard Maha and turned around. "Ops, baji." She corrected herself and I smiled at her cuteness.

"Ji." I kneeled down to her level.

"Relax karey. Bhai is pretty cool. Kuch nai hoga. Main hoon na." I totally forgot she was there too. Damn she heard it all. How embarrassing Amna. I laughed at her cuteness and ruffled her hair while she smiled

I heard a clearing of a throat and look at Nida who was pointing towards the other direction. Shit is that Shehry at the door! Do I look fine? All of the sudden I felt self conscious. I gulped and got up.

I turned around to meet...Uncle? He had a smile spread across his face. Unknowing a smile kept up on my lips too as I walked towards him.

"Assalaamu 'Alaikum Uncle." I greeted him and his smile stretched till it couldn't anymore.

"Walekum assalam beta. Kaisi ho?" he patted my head and engulfed me in a fatherly hug.

Fatherly hug. Tears welled in my eyes again as I remembered the last time I had a fatherly hug with so much love. Sure my mamoons (moms brothers) and chachus (dads brothers) have all hugged me in the same fatherly way, but this fatherly was different. Very different.

It somehow had more love. More affection and more indescribable feelings. He pulled back and saw the tears in my eyes.

Wiping my tears away he said, "Arre yeh kya?" he wiped more of the tears that fell down.

"Baba ki yaad agayi." I spoke between my sobs.

"Hum bhi toh tumhare baba hain. Aur yeh tumhari ami." He pointed towards aunty who herself wiped a tear.

"Aur bonus main aik bhai aur aik choti si behan bhi toh hain." He pointed towards Hussain who had his arms around Maha's neck as she stood in front on him.

I smiled and nodded wiping a few tears.

"See so need to miss your other family when you this family." His words threatened my tears to fall down again. So much love.

"You didn't introduce me to your friends." He looked at Noor and Nida.

I smiled and introduced them to Uncle.

"Nice to meet you two." He patted their heads and they smiled.

"Chalo lemme go change." He excused himself and walked out of the kitchen while Aunty took Maha with her and followed Uncle leaving us there.