CHAPTER II: Malfoy's Letter

I felt my body turn to lead as I lay in my bed, unable to move a single muscle. My heart pounded in my chest as I tried to scream, but no sound came out. The darkness around me seemed to grow denser, creating an air of unbearable dread. Suddenly, I jolted awake, covered in a cold sweat, gasping for breath. It took me a few moments to realize it was just another sleep paralysis episode, but the fear still clung to me like a shadow, an unwelcome remnant of my nightmare.

I stood up quickly, holding on to the wall for support as I stumbled my way towards the window. I've always experienced sleep paralysis, but never this much. After I had moved to Hogwarts was when I started to experience it often, and it was the same every time.

Suddenly, the feeling of dread and sadness washed over me. I longed to feel comforted, hugged even. I wanted someone by my side. I don't know where these emotions are coming from, but I don't like it. I pulled my knees up tightly against my chest, letting my head rest on the wall of the alcove, breathing deeply as I closed my eyes.

"Alloria..." A voice of a little girl called out, yet instead of being frightened, I felt more laid back in hearing her voice, it gave me some kind of comfort. The kind of comfort I'm longing for, the kind of comfort that I needed this whole time.

"Alloria..." She called out again, causing my eyes to flutter open, looking around the room, seeing nothing but the things around my room that I could barely depict, only seeing the parts where the dim light was reaching. My room held an eerie feeling, it looked like a kind of place that wasn't so comforting. The room gave off a specific feeling, like that feeling where you would have visitors over your house, and then they'd leave, and then you'd feel lonely all over again even if you don't like having visitors.

My room had that feeling where it was like I was the only one left in a big town, not the whole world, but a big town. It had the feeling like I was being abandoned, like no one cared about my presence- or me in general.

It's that feeling where you randomly get emotional in the middle of the night, and you'd look around your room to see it completely dark, but you can still see around it and it would give you the feeling of loneliness since you're the only one in the room, even though your family members are in the other rooms, under the same roof as you.

I snapped back to reality, staring out of the window to see nothing but darkness outside. I opened the window, taking a breath of the fresh air that entered through it. I sighed, letting my head rest on the wall again, closing my eyes and relaxing my body as I started to doze off, falling back into slumber.

𓆗

I touched my skin as I felt warmth hitting my face, I slowly opened my eyes, blinded by the sun coming from my window, now just realizing that I fell asleep on the alcove. Panicked, I ran to check the time, and as expected; I was late.

I decided to just skip my first class, laying back down in my bed as I covered my face with pillows that I touched, almost dozing off again before hearing knocking on my door. "Alloria? Alloria!?" The voice called, banging on my door harder and harder each knock.

"Coming- wait!" I said as I rushed to my door, fixing my hair before reaching for the handle and opening it. "Some Gryffindor is looking for you, can you hurry up so she stops bothering me?!" A short-haired girl demanded, leaving me instantly right after saying what she needed to say. Wow, rude.

I walked quickly outside of the common room, immediately being greeted by a warm hug from Hermione, "Hey, I didn't see you in our class today. Are you sick?" She asked, instantly checking my temperature with the back of her hand.

"Calm down," I chuckled, "I'm fine. Just woke up late," I stammered, smiling warmly at her. "Thank goodness. I was worried," She sighed and smiled softly, holding both of my hands, "Are you attending next period? If you are, you should get changed," She trailed off, "you wouldn't wanna be late again!"