nine. agent klein

»»————- ★ ————-««

( nine. agent klein )

»»————- ★ ————-««

Remember when she said that she assumed Becca must probably be just suspicious as everyone else is?

She was right.

Rebecca Barnes was pissed off right now.

"How could you even miss telling me that you could fight like that?"

"I'm sorry, okay?"

"No, it's not okay."

Well, dang it. She needed to fix this as soon as now. "I just thought it was going to scare you off. You already freaked out the day you saw me wearing an 'odd' choice of clothing and I didn't know how to tell you that without worrying you even more. I'm sorry, really."

She sighed, staying silent for a moment. Thankfully, the edge of her lips finally curved upwards, "Guess I'm going to have to tell Ellie that perhaps her princess isn't exactly the princess she has in mind after all?"

Natasha chuckled. "No, I guess not."

 ————————————————————————————     

Their flight to London was on the same day as well. After she had her things packed, she met with Howard and Peggy by the field and got into their plane. By the way, Howard was right of the idea of her getting promoted. She was no longer Nurse Klein, now, she was addressed as Agent Klein. And it kind of has a nice ring to it, she thought.

Peggy, however, well... "Where on earth did you learn to fight like that?"

When they finally got seated on the plane, she didn't waste any time getting down to her interrogation.

"Training." She answered simply.

"And who trained you, exactly? Certainly not the SSR."

Natasha sighed but didn't answer her question.

"Any other interesting abilities you'd like to surprise us with, Agent Klein?" Peggy raised an eyebrow warily and the way she addressed her was more leaning towards mockery than properly.

Alright, she was starting to get on her nerves.

Howard stepped in before it could get any worse. "Peggy,"

"What? Aren't you the least bit suspicious? First, she's a nurse then the next thing we know she's running across Brooklyn with a bloody gun on her hand and managed to beat the crap of—not only one—but two HYDRA agents?"

"It's strange yes, but we got a lot of other things to worry about, Agent Carter. Besides, she didn't hurt anyone."

Peggy was still glaring at her, "Yet." And she walked away to get seated somewhere else.

He sighed, taking the seat across from her. "Sorry about that. She's... you know how she is."

"I'm surprised she hasn't ripped my hair out or something. I'd be a lot more guarded if I was her." And it was true, she definitely understood why Peggy is acting the way she is, but she wasn't going to lie to say that it didn't bother her when she really means no harm. "Although, I'd more likely keep it to myself."

"She'll warm up to you."

"Eh, it's fine."

Howard took a sip from his champagne glass, then looked up at her through the rim, "She likes him you know, that's probably why."