eight

ophelia - perfect revenge 

This was supposed to be the kind of story that would spark inspiration to hungry authors everywhere. A love story to last the decades. 

Picture it; the obedient son of a dark enchantress and the king of the gods' angry daughter.

But that is not us. It would never be. 

The moment I stepped out to the corridor to meet with him, my ultimate goal was much deeper impaired. 

The plan was to figure out what Ulianna was planning for Bridget. To get insider information as to why she hated her so much in the first place. 

Morgie was just the key to getting inside her head. To plan out her mission and report it back to Red and Chloe. 

A part of me felt guilty for using him, knowing that that's the kind of thing my father does. He gaslights those into getting what he wants. 

I always knew I was his favorite daughter for a reason. 

When we make it to his group of friends, Ulianna turns and snarls. "Who is she?"

"This is Ophelia." Morgie introduces. "The girl I was telling you about."

Her dark eyes study me like the worst kind of spell. She glares at Morgie before allowing me to follow them through a field of large and mixture of dead trees. 

From the break in the trees comes a dark lake, an eerie absence originating from the mist. I watch as Ulianna calls upon a cavern of sorts in the shape of a dead fish. 

She's Ursula's baby sister, Bridget had mentioned. I guess the dead fish hideout makes sense now. 

Jumping onto the rocks and into the fish cave, Ulianna goes on to talk with her friends about the perfect revenge for Bridget. 

"What if we make her walk the plank?" One of the boys, Hook, mentions. 

"Darling, that's too easy." Ulianna replies. 

Maleficent speaks up in turn, "Prick her with a thousand thorns!"

Ulianna rolls her eyes. "And what? She fall asleep?"

"We could burn her to a crisp." The other boy, my uncle Hades, ignites a small blue flame between his fingers. 

Morgie laughs and agrees with Hades. 

I find it odd to be looking at my own uncle from eyes of youth. Him and Maleficent seemed to be so in love...what of my father and my mother? 

Ulianna begins to conjure up some kind of magical recipe fit for a disaster. At first, anger and frustration fills the room for a moment. The look on everyone's faces paints the picture for what could indefinitely be the right kind of revenge. 

"A book? I asked for a painful punishment!" Ulianna cries, but once she studies her answer a little more thoroughly, it starts to make sense. 

I make a mental note to tell the girls about Ulianna's plan for Bridget, but the thought rushes to the back of my mind when Morgie looks at me with a shimmer of kindness. 

"Are you alright?" He asks me. "I understand if this is all too much for you. Ulianna can be...a lot."

I shake my head. "Everything is fine." 

If only that were true.