nine

A monster... the villains are plotting to turn Bridget into a monster in front of everyone at Castlecoming. Green and nasty while everyone around her watches. 

After my night with Morgie and his friends, I bolted into the dorm room that Red and Chloe shared to tell them what was going to happen. I left out any sweet nothings from Morgie throughout the night. 

"A cookbook?" Red commented. "We're looking for a magic cookbook?"

I shrug my shoulders. "Seems like it." 

Chloe rises from her bed. "Where are we going to find it is the question."

I share a concerning look with the daughter of the Queen of Hearts. 

Then, she snaps her fingers. "We could ask Bridget. She probably has like every cookbook in history." 

I clap my hands together. "Good thinking! We'll talk to her tomorrow."

After a beat of silence, Chloe looks at me with a sense of longing and curiosity. "So...Morgie?"

"What about him?" The whole point of going with him to the Black Lagoon was to figure out what Ulianna was plotting. I stopped the whole romance thing after graduation from Auradon Prep. 

"He's kind of cute, Ophelia." She mentions, twirling a piece of her light blue curls. 

I shrug my shoulders again. "I mean, I guess."

As Red rolls her eyes, probably at the idea of any kind of romance, Chloe keeps asking me questions. 

I answer all of her questions honestly and to the best of my ability, but I couldn't shake the guilt gnawing at me inside.