10

- Brothers War

After the battle had happened between King Horik and Ragnar against Jarl Borg, Ragnar had won the war but Rollo had betrayed his brother and sided with Jarl Borg killing Arne and greatly wounded Floki on the battle field

After the battle had happened between King Horik and Ragnar against Jarl Borg, Ragnar had won the war but Rollo had betrayed his brother and sided with Jarl Borg killing Arne and greatly wounded Floki on the battle field. When everyone arrived back in Kattegat, the people was happy there loved ones has returned but there was a sadness in them. Elizabeth had found out that Gyda had died to the plague along side many others, It broke her heart as Gyda was the most kindest trustworthy person she has ever known as she was the first ever friend she had made.

Rollo had been taken back to Kattegat along with everyone else but as a prisoner as he had betrayed his brother and killed and injured his own friends and people all because he was jealous of his brothers fame on moving up in the world and no one gave him the recognition that he thought that he deserves which is why he went against his brother in the first place. It was late at night, Lizzie was sat next to Bjorn in the great hall eating with Lagertha, Ragnar, Siggy and Athelstan.

" we fought all day. Jarl Borg would not give in. Nor us. Many died. One eye died" Ragnar informed the group looking around at everyone as Athelstan eyes widened in shock and disbelief as he looked at Ragnar and asked, " Arne?" Ragnar nodded his head in confirmation taking in a breathe clenching his jaw in anger as he turned his attention to Siggy and informed, " Rollo killed him. And Floki may not survive for he is badly wounded" Lagertha stayed quiet as she listened to her husband before she decided to speak up and stated, " This was not your quarrel. You should not have become involved. Look what has happened!"

" No man can walk through life without things happening to him, Lagertha" Ragnar snapped with an annoyed look on his face causing Lagertha to roll her eyes letting out a heavy sigh and corrected him, "You chose" Ragnar slammed his bowl of food on the table angrily turning to look at his wife and hissed, "Yes. I chose. And Rollo chose. And Rollo's choice led to all this!"

"Don't argue you two" Bjorn spoke up looking between his parents who turned their heads to look at their son when Ragnar let out a shaky breathe before he admitted, "I am weary and I'm blood-sickened, and that is the truth" Lagertha was silent for a moment as she stared at her husband with a suspicious look on her face before she questioned, " Who is Aslaug?"

Elizabeth yes widened in shock as she stopped playing with the necklace around her neck turning to face Bjorn who avoided eye contact with her as Ragnar threw his plate of food angrily on the floor and growled, " Stop!" Lagertha had an betrayed look on her face as Bjorn had told her about the women her husband met when they traveled and questioned him once again, "Who is Aslaug?"

"she is a Gotaland Princess" Ragnar finally replied staring at his wife as he informed, " we met her over there" Lagertha scoffed in disbelief not believing a word he was saying narrowing her eyes hatefully at the man and inquired, " you just met her?" Siggy looked at Bjorn and Elizabeth noticing the look on their faces as she called out, " Lagertha" the blonde women turned her attention to Siggy who shook her head giving her a warning look.