Who's Back?- Rafe Cameron pt. 4

I fell asleep on the patio that night and woke up to the sun rising the next morning. I went up to my room to try and get some more sleep. Mom was gone, she had a long shift at the hospital today. She was an emergency room nurse. She had actually tended to John B when he broke his arm after Topper pushed him off the lookout. That seemed like ages ago now. I didn't go back to sleep for long and soon enough I found myself going downstairs to make breakfast. I got a call from Kiara and answered it, "What's up Kie?" "Rafe's at Tanny Hill." My expression dropped, "What?" "Rafe is back in the OBX. He's at Tanny Hill." My mind was reeling, I didn't know what to say. "Hello?" "Yeah, sorry I'm here," I responded. "Does Sarah know?" "Not yet, I saw him this morning. I just wanted to let you know before I call her." I was silent. "You know, because of what we talked about on the boat?" "Right, right, yes. Thanks Kie." "Alright, I'll talk to you soon, be careful." "Bye." I set my phone down and tried to think. I wanted to go over there, make sure he was okay, but what would the pouges think? What about Sarah? They were my family, and Kie was right, I wasn't going to forsake them to try and fix Rafe. I couldn't. 'I wish mom was here' I thought to myself. I finished warming up my pop tarts and dressing up my cup of coffee. I went to the island and thought about what the hell I was gonna do while I ate. I should wait until Sarah knows, because I don't want her to feel like I went behind her back, but at the same time, I want Rafe to know I was serious about giving him a second chance. I was getting annoyed with myself when I heard the doorbell. I scrunched my eyebrows together, I couldn't think of anyone who would use the doorbell. If it's the pouges, they always just come right in, and we never have visitors. I went to the door and opened it.

AN: Who could it be😏Hope y'all are enjoying this! I've had so much fun writing it! This is not good for my delusions lol