Chapter 1

༺☆༻

It was the year 988, November 5th, when the abomination Ryomen Sukuna, originally known as Imigo, was born. He was a conjoined twin, a man with four arms, two sets of eyes, and two mouths.

Imigo's mother was shunned for bringing such a creature into the world. He was banished from his home village, forced to live in the wild like an animal—because that's what everyone believed he was.

If only Y/N had trusted their words instead of following her instincts. But perhaps, in the end, it had all been worth it.

Everyone crowded around the gates of the village, shouting words you couldn't quite make out. The only word that stood out was "Monster."

You clung to your mother's arm, trying to see past the crowd. People at the front were chucking trash and other items. Finally, you saw who they were targeting.

It was a boy with four arms, two on each side of his body. You'd seen him before, always in shackles. The village people always treated him like he was some— pet.

Guards were burning markings into his skin. His screams were barely audible over the cheers of the crowd. The smell of burning flesh was in the air. Once they were done, the markings faded into his skin, turning black.

When the head guard raised his arm, the crowd hushed down.

"A loving, caring mother, friend, and lover was lost today at the hands of this curse," the guard announced, squeezing the boy's wrist tightly. "We will banish him from our land, and may God forgive our sins for harboring this demon."

Everyone silently prayed, heads bowed and eyes closed, including your mother. You looked around in confusion, feeling a sense of isolation. This was cruel—why was everyone acting like it was a blessing?