Chapter 4

༺☆༻

Few hours earlier
Gojo's POV

I slid the door open to the master bedroom. "Yes, Father?"

"Step forward, Seiji," my father commanded, sitting with his legs crossed and arms folded.

I did as he said, approaching him and kneeling down a few feet away.

"You still haven't chosen which woman you want to marry. Now, Seiji, I have given you a ton of options to choose from—"

"I know who I'm going to marry," I answered simply. Although I wasn't entirely sure, I did have an idea.

Father's eyes lit up with anticipation. "Hanoki Zenin? I knew you'd make the right choice, son."

Just hearing her name made my blood boil. "No. Not her. A girl from Willowbrook village."

Father's face darkened, his jaw clenching. "Are you serious?" he spat, his voice low and dangerous.

"Yes, Father," I said firmly, meeting his gaze.

Father's eyes blazed with fury. "You're a fool, Seiji! You think you can marry some unknown girl from a backwater village? Do you have any idea what this will do to our clan?"

I stare to the ground with nothing else to say.

Father's hands tightened into fists. "You have responsibilities, Seiji! Our clan's future depends on you making the right alliance. Marrying Hanoki would strengthen our ties with the Zenin clan. This girl from Willowbrook offers us nothing!"

"She offers me happiness," I said quietly. "And isn't that worth something?"

Father stood up abruptly, his face flushed with anger. "Happiness?" he thundered. "You're willing to throw away everything for happiness? In two years, you are supposed to have a stronger heir. That useless girl will only make us weaker. Our family's legacy is at stake, Seiji!"

I stood up as well, "That wasn't a part of your rules, Father. I'll marry who I choose."

Father's eyes narrowed. "If you go through with this, I will not support you. You'll be on your own—"

"Then so be it." I said, my voice steady.

Father turned away, his shoulders tense. "Get out of my sight." he said coldly.

I bowed slightly, a gesture of respect despite the anger boiling inside me. "Goodbye, Father," I said, and walked out of the room.

I walked down the hall, fists clenched in frustration. Y/N still hadn't responded to my letter, and the silence gnawed at me. I had no choice but to pay her a visit.