Chapter 12

༺☆༻

Seated on the floor, Miyu carefully polished the sword, wiping away the grime and dirt that clung to its razor-sharp edge. Her movements were deliberate, almost reverent, yet her brow furrowed with confusion. The blade gleamed in the dim light, its lethal sharpness undeniable, but to her, it seemed no different from any other weapon.

"I don't get it," Miyu muttered, glancing up at Sukuna, who was engrossed in his scrolls, his focus seemingly elsewhere. "What's so special about the L/N clan?"

Sukuna didn't lift his eyes from the text, his voice taking on a detached tone as if reciting from memory. "The L/N clan... rumored to be the most powerful in all of Japan. Their mastery of the sword is unparalleled. Some say their abilities border on the divine." He paused, his fingers tracing a line of text, but his mind clearly elsewhere. "It's not just their skill. The swords themselves are... unique. They don't just cut flesh—they cut through cursed energy, through domains.

Miyu's hand slowed, her gaze shifting to the sword in her lap. "But why this one?" she asked, running her fingers over the hilt, feeling its weight in her hands. "It doesn't seem like anything special."

Sukuna's eyes flicked to the blade for a moment, his expression unreadable. "That's where you're wrong. The L/N clan's connection with their swords is deeper than blood. These weapons are bound to their very souls, responding only to their will." He leaned back in his seat, his gaze hardening as he looked down at her. "In the hands of an outsider, it's just a sword. But in the hands of an L/N... it's unstoppable. It defies logic, reason. That's what makes them so dangerous."

Miyu's grip tightened on the sword, a shiver running down her spine. "So, no one else can use it? Not even you?"

A dark smile tugged at the corner of Sukuna's lips. "Oh, I can use it... if I wanted to. But not in the way they can." His gaze grew distant again, his tone sharpening. "The L/N clan isn't feared just because of their strength, but because their power is unpredictable—dangerous even to themselves. They're both cursed and blessed by their own weapons."

Miyu fell silent, the weight of his words sinking in as she resumed polishing, her eyes flickering with a newfound wariness.

"How come you didn't sense her then?" Miyu asked, her tone skeptical as she glanced up from the sword, her fingers still tracing its sharp edge.

Sukuna exhaled sharply, irritation flashing in his eyes before he leaned back into his chair. "Her father was one of the last of the L/N clan. But her mother? Just a human," he replied with a note of disdain, tapping his fingers on the desk. "The bloodline's diluted. She's barely a shadow of what the L/N were at their peak. Without that sword, I doubt she can even wield any real cursed energy."

Miyu raised an eyebrow. "So she's weak?"

"Not weak, just... incomplete," Sukuna corrected, his tone colder now, as if the very notion of it annoyed him. "That sword is her lifeline, her connection to the clan's power. Without it, she's nothing special—just a girl. But with it? Well, that's where the real danger lies. She might not know any other techniques, but that sword can make up for what she lacks. If she ever learns how to truly use it..."