Chapter 13

[HAPPY 500 READS!! 🎉🎉 + changed the book name and title, previously "Aisuru"]

To some villages, Sukuna was their god—a being they worshipped blindly. To you, they were fools. Desperate, faithless souls clinging to the promise of power because they had nothing else to believe in. They prayed to a monster, offering their loyalty in exchange for strength, as if that alone would protect them. You saw through it all. Power was fleeting, a hollow gift from a god who cared nothing for them, and yet, they surrendered everything for it.

In your eyes, they were no more than puppets, dancing for a tyrant, too blind or afraid to see the strings. They were nothing more than fools, clinging to a being that thrived on chaos and destruction, thinking they could somehow gain strength from his favor.

It disgusted you. Power given, not earned—what kind of strength was that?

Apparently, once a month, Sukuna demanded a sacrifice. But it wasn't a matter of chance or misfortune—his choice was deliberate, precise. The strongest in the village, the ones who could fight curses without ever being able to see them, were the ones marked for death. They were the village's protectors, the pillars that held everything together. And one by one, they were fed to him, as if to prove that no strength could ever rival his.

It was cruel irony: those capable of defeating curses were sacrificed to the very curse they couldn't hope to escape.

Normally, servants weren't permitted to witness these ceremonies, but you doubted Sukuna would care. You stood hidden behind the stair banisters, your hand gripping the cold railing as you peered down at the spectacle below. Sukuna lounged on one of his many thrones, his posture casual—legs crossed, fist propping up his cheek—bored, as if the life about to be extinguished was little more than a fleeting distraction.

Below, a crowd of thirty villagers gathered, their faces a mix of blind devotion and uneasy silence. The poor soul shackled at the center, trembling and forced to kneel, knew their fate was sealed. A few cheered, eyes alight with a twisted reverence, while others remained still, their silence more telling than any shout.