No Family...Continued

Summary: Continuation of "No Family".

Character(s): Harry Potter, Severus Snape, Ron Weasley, Hermione Granger, (mentioned) Sirius Black

Relationship(s): Harry & Severus (adoptive father/son), (implied) Harry & Sirius (canon), Harry & Ron & Hermione (canon)

Setting: Deathly Hallows

Warnings/Tags: established familial relationship, AU, protective Severus, minor angst, minor fluff, minor humour

*******************************************************

No Family...Continued

"A-adopted?" Ron stuttered, his wand falling to his side. "What are you talking about?"

Harry sighed. "It was after Christmas in our fifth year. He even went to Sirius about it. Sirius was the only one that knew about the adoption."

"And he approved?" Ron said incredulously.

Harry chuckled and Snape snorted.

"Absolutely not. He tried to kill Severus when he mentioned it and I'm pretty sure he was mad at me too."

"How did this happen?" Hermione asked.

"Fifth year was both as bad and not as bad as I led you to believe," Harry admitted. "Let's just say we got to know each other. We saw the worst of each other that year and it helped us."

"So you see, Mr. Weasley," Snape said as Ron continued to gape. He stepped forward and placed his hands on Harry's shoulders, "Mr. Potter does have a family. Say anything like you just did again and you'll never speak again."

"Severus," Harry whispered, almost like an admonishment, but Ron was nodding vigorously with wide eyes.

Fin