eleven

@adelaidetorne

liked by audrey

liked by audrey.hall, lhughes_06, & others
@adelaidetorne all smiles here
tagged: @nicohischier
comments
@lhughes_06 Not in the first pic
   @adelaidetorne get out of here
@audrey.hall Back in business baby
  tap for more

Even though it had been around two weeks since Luke made things official with Emily, I tried to forget about it when it was just us hanging out.

Luke was currently spread out on my living carpet, while I was on the couch trying to watch a reel he had sent me on Instagram.

When I was in the middle of watching it he sat up slightly and looked at me, "Do you wanna stay at the lake house during summer?"

While the Hughes family had kept their home over the years, my mom had sold the home that was around 15 minutes away from the Hughes' when I graduated.

I set my phone down on the couch, "Are you sure?"

"Don't ask stupid questions Ads, my whole family loves you. I think my mom might like you more than me."

I laughed into my knees that were propped up, "I would love to. It's been a while since I've spent a summer with the Hughes family, I miss it."

౨ৎ

While I did my best to talk to Emily when she was around, it was almost like she was doing her best to not talk to me at all.

Luke didn't notice it, and I felt it was better if he didn't because he seemed happy with her.

I found myself and Audrey arriving at another dinner at the Luke and Jacks apartment, late because of something happening on the subway.

When we got to their front door, we walked in without knocking and was met with the stares of everyone gathered around their kitchen island.

While Audrey moved around me to go see Alex, I made eye contact with Luke as he tried to get up, but Emily wrapped herself around him to make him stay up. The smile I walked in with faltered.

"There she is!" I looked to my left to find Nico with his arms outstretched to give me a hug.

"Nice to see you too, Nico"

It had been a while since I'd seen their teammates in result of no longer being Luke's plus one to Devils events.

When we both let go he started speaking again, "And why did you stop coming to events? You can start coming with me now that Lukes got a girl now," He said laughing, clueless that I so wished it was me being referred to as "Lukes girl."

I decided to joke along with him, "Or maybe you need to find me a boyfriend already so I can be a WAG."

All he did was laugh in response, while I didn't miss the way Luke's eyes followed mine while everyone made their way to the dining area.

When we sat down, I found myself sandwiched between Audrey and Nico.

"Still no boyfriend Addie?" Emily asked, the first thing she'd said to me all night.

"Nope," I replied, not even making eye contact.

"That's too bad." ౨ৎ