Chapter 9

Anger that's all he could feel in the moment as he released a burst which he had no idea he could do. Panic filled his brain at not only the burst but at the sight of his birth father and brother, his eyes darted around the room, he soon found himself trapped in. Knowing that he was in the spirit realm, he couldn't help but panic as the four walls around him started to close in while the room filled with room as he sat in a chair in chains. 

“Raph! Snap out of it! Raph!” 

The calling of his name had him blinking only to see no walls, no chains or no chair. Instead kneeling in front of him was Donatello, Darrius and Zalton. All three of them had looks of pure concern on their faces. Feeling no comfort, Raphael sobbed, leading to Donatello to wrap him up and pull him close. 

“It's okay, it wasn't your fault. In fact, it needed to happen…” Zalton comforted as he turned to Darrius who remained silent watching his spiritual son suffer with the hidden truths. In fact both of them stopped their comforting as they watched the spirits within the twins glow around them, casting them in the respected colours of purple and red, a comfort in a sense. 

Looking up, Donatello was amazed as a purple glow opposite them showed a clear outline of the face of a dragon, its body surrounded the four, emitting a clear white light which wrapped around both brothers' wrists. A tattoo appeared on the skin, leaving both of them mesmerised, even Raph who was still tucked under Donnie’s chin, but he had noticed the strange feeling within his body.

“Hello my son, it has been too long” Zalton’s foreign words caught the entire attention of Donatello who could understand it, he watched the dragon spirit nod as it glowed surrounding Zalton who smiled. Darrius wasn’t beside him, instead the older man was kneeling beside Raphael, the blond boy had untucked himself and surprisingly reached for Darrius who pulled him close. 

“Donatello, come” Zalton reached out a hand which Donatello only took when he received a reassurance nod from Raph, the hot head tucked under Darrius’ chin.

“Where are we going?” Donatello could only ask before catching the smile on Zalton’s face. 

“I am going to reunite you with your powers, when you next wake. You will find your abilities in reach but I must warn you they will be very powerful until you learn to control them” 

“But what about Raph?” 

“Do not worry for your brother, Darrius will protect him and the unborn. Both of which will be safe from any threats as Raphael will not be able to access his abilities until the child is born as we have no idea what threats could awaken to harm the unborn with your brother’s body especially if the snake awakened” Zalton explained. Donatello could only nod as he glanced over his shoulder to see Darrius in a meditation state with Raphael in his lap, the two guarded by the body of the dragon. 

“Come, this won’t take long. When you next wake, you will be back in the mortal world” Zalton whispered just as a purple glow covered both of their visions leaving behind the spiritual body of the dragon. 

Within a blink of an eye Donatello found himself transported into a room full of beauty, it was a great hall with a throne at the end of it, the clear respect of a dragon was embedded in the walls whether it was through the scales, pictures of something else. Donatello knew this was an ancient temple of past dragons where it looked like their bodies were used to create it, a great sacrifice in a sense. Around the room fire pits tucked in the walls, held the eggs of the past, present and future. 

“Welcome Donatello, it is good to see you again….please step into the ring of fire and we will start the prophecy” 

The words were full of warmth as they were welcomed, Donatello turned to look at Zalton who nodded, “Go, I will be nearby. Do not give up and trust your instincts. He is part of you” Zalton’s words had him smiling as he took a step through the ring of fire, no burns came to him as a dome covered the area blocking Zalton off, not that the spiritual father minded. Instead, he sent a silent message to another, the dragon of the realm which appeared, it came out of the smoke revealing not only the dragon but a dragon warrior, one encased in the armour of the prophesied wielder. They held a weapon, a staff as Donatello felt the calling from the armour and the staff, he didn’t let his arrogance get in the way instead he remained calm and readied himself for the battle of a lifetime, the one to protect not only his family and friends but the future generations.