Chapter 19

It had been a busy day. I couldn't wait to get out of the dress and collapse into my bed. My feet had started hurting halfway through the night but I persisted because a Lestrange can never be seen with their guard down. When I got back to Hogwarts, it was well past midnight and almost 1. I sighed and quickly tugged off my dress and pulled off my heels. I quickly grabbed a pair of pajamas before falling into bed. I was so tired. The last couple of days hadn't helped either. I still had classes tomorrow so I had to at least get a couple of hours of sleep.

I woke up with a pounding headache and such a dry throat. Still, I persisted and got out of bed. The mirror in the bathroom nearly gave me a heart attack. I had such a long way to go until I was ready to face the world again. After popping some pills for my headache, I quickly got in the shower to try to freshen up a little.  Water was still dripping off of me as I went back to my bedroom to find some clothes. The clothes I chose were simple but they still looked good without having to make much of an effort.  Once I had tugged my clothes on, I had to face my hair. The braids that they had been in were coming out so I just took them all out and let my hair be natural for a day. Once I had gotten it under control and in some kind of shape, I started on the makeup.  I went simple for today as I couldn't really be bothered but I had to do something to try to fix my face. I also decided against my contacts for today and let my real eyes shine. I had been born with heterochromia but my mother had decided to force me to wear contacts everyday to make me look 'normal'. But today I decided that everyone could know and that I didn't care anymore. Let people whisper about me or talk about me behind my back. With that thought, I left my dorm, but quickly grabbing my keys,phone and bag off of the table before slamming the door shut.

 With that thought, I left my dorm, but quickly grabbing my keys,phone and bag off of the table before slamming the door shut

The Great Hall was alive with excitement for some reason. Everyone's faces were lit up by a smile that must of hurt their faces as the chatted to the people on their table. Even though people say it takes less muscles to smile than frown, that's exactly how I get my daily face workout in.  I slipped into the seat next to Pansy as I turned around to look at her, confused. "Hey Pans, what's going on?" She turned to face me. "Oh there's a dance... " She trailed off her sentence so I asked, "What?" She jerked herself out of her trance and said, "Your eyes, they're.." I sighed. "I know. Do they look ugly?" "Ugly? No they're beautiful, but why didn't you show them before?" I sighed, "Well you know what some of the people are like here. They're just really rude. But anyway, what were you saying about a dance?"

And just like that, she forgot what we were talking about and started talking about some big dance that happens every year but only sixth year can go so it's finally our turn. Pansy was just talking through some of her ideas about what we were going to wear when I asked, "Wait, Pansy? When is the dance?" She seemed shocked but answered, "Well, it's this weekend." I almost shrieked. "This weekend Pansy, I don't think I can get everything ready by then. What day is it today? " "Umm, it's Thursday." "Thursday, Pansy why didn't you tell me before?" "Well I didn't know if you would want to go or if you'd been asked yet." I sighed, "Yes Pansy, I'll go with you. Now, what were you saying about our dresses?"