resonation zero

TW: BLOOD, A PANIC ATTACK/REALITY MELTING AWAY, AND INTENSE SELF-DEPRECATING THOUGHTS

Maka jumped from the point she was standing on, Soul catching her below. She was held up by him, and her eye caught Crona's. The other smiled, a faint black blush dusting their face. The other five swarmed her, pulling her down from her perch atop her best friend.

Soul gave her a look, which they had worked on for a while. Maka was in love with Crona, and she was going to confess. As soon as she could get the others off of her.

She kept smiling, too happy to stop. That was it. The Kishin was dead. They were all okay, they were mostly unharmed. As Tsubaki pulled her into a hug, she felt something drip from her face. She touched her forehead, seeing blood come back on her finger.

Maka didn't worry about it, but she started feeling a bit faint. Her uniform was a bit torn, but it wasn't too bad otherwise. Once they had mostly calmed down, they went up to the destroyed Death Room.

"Crona!" Maka ran to them, crashing into them and sending them to the floor. The two laughed, embracing tightly.

"Maka! You could've died! Never do that, I'll never be able to deal with that!" Maka laughed. That familiar line was such a relief. She got up, sitting on the other meister. Crona sat up, wincing as they held their stomach.

"Crona, can I tell you something?" She asked.

"Uh, yes." Crona seemed nervous but hopeful.

"Well, I-" Death suddenly picked her up, dragging her off of Crona. Why did the universe hate her?

"Well done, my students!" He wrapped them in a massive hug, tight. They all struggled to get out, except Kid. He'd gotten used to Death's deathly hugs, and was able to escape them. "You've defeated Asura! Something I wasn't able to do, I'm so glad it was my students who did it!!" He spun them around once, then Kid put his hand on his father's shoulder.

"Dad.." He warned.

"To think, it was only the six of you!" He continued spinning and praising them until Kid stopped him.

"DAD. We kinda just got beat up." Soul gave him a silent thank you. He had horrible dizziness triggers, and was assuredly going to vomit if he was overstimulated.

"Oh, right." Death set them down. "Well then, brave students! Off to get well you go!" Maka sighed in relief, then turned to Tsubaki.

"I didn-"

"Maka!" Tsubaki suddenly cried out, a look of terror crossing her face. "Oh my God, Maka!" Her voice faded out as Maka's vision became blurry. She turned and cast one last look at Crona before she passed out.

PERSPECTIVE CHANGE

Tsubaki grabbed Maka before she hit the floor, Crona rushing right after her. It was easy to see why she had collapsed. Blood stained her hair, uniform, anything that it could. Cuts and scars of all sizes littered her body, her torn uniform showing them better. Those hadn't been there a moment ago.

"No, no, no!" Crona shook their head, taking Maka from Tsubaki. They shook Maka, trying to wake her up. "Maka! Maka! Wake up, wake up!" Naigus swept over, grabbing her like an owl swiping prey, then disappeared. Crona stared at their hands, seeing Maka's blood on them.

No.

D-did I do this..?

They sunk to the floor, mind racing and heart pounding. Ragnarok was asleep, but it was possible he did that. But would he? No, he couldn't. Crona's love for Maka affected him too, right?