|Chapter 10| The Scroll of Destruction

If humans could be described in one word, that word would be invasive. Despite having their own tribe and people, they spread across the continent, infiltrating tribes they should not and finding themselves in positions of power where they did not belong. At the peak of their reign, each of the five major tribes had a human Queen. Such a species were weeds, sprouting where they shouldn't and taking over where they shouldn't.

The only tribe left that openly acknowledged a human as their Queen was the Black Wind Tribe. That was because the Black Wind Tribe was formed by a human. Thousands of years ago, a human became the mother of the Black Wind Tribe. And her daughter became the Queen of Debauchery.

It was an abomination in the eyes of the great tribes. But what could they do? Their kings' hearts were captured again and again by humans. It was only recently that they were given the strength to fight.

The Queen of Debauchery had left behind a scroll of instructions on how to obtain her powers, such powers were opposed by Hadassah. She could not bring herself to seduce and consume freely. But if there was a throne room right here in Atlas, then there must be another human Queen, and there must be another scroll.

Hadassah looked at the Nagas who had decided to eat her, and she realized the only way she could gain their respect was to play the part.

She laughed lowly, confusing the Nagas who were expecting her to cower or cry. She looked up at them with cold eyes, "Do you dare to kill me?"

The Naga holding her looked at the others, confused. What did she mean? Was she not just a rabbit?

"Why would we not?" the one holding her asked. "Who will stop us? No one would go to war with us for a mere rabbit female. You are weak and unable to fight. It is your fault if you die here."

She was weak indeed, but she wasn't powerless. For some reason, facing these beasts gave her courage. They were not dragons, they were not celestials, they were merely snakes.

The bracelet on her wrist started to heat up quietly. No one had noticed the shift in the atmosphere. Hadassah concentrated, acting quickly. If they started attacking her, she would be too flustered to act, just like her fight with Drucilla. She just needed to show them she was someone they could not afford to touch.

Drawing on the power within her, Hadassah pushed it into her vocal cords, opening her mouth to speak. "Kneel," she commanded, her voice imbued with an overwhelming force. The sheer pressure from her voice forced the Nagas to their knees. They looked at each other in shock, fear and confusion spreading amongst them.

"What is this?" one of them whispered, panic evident in his eyes.

The Naga holding her immediately released his grip, stumbling to his knees. He was shaking trying to resist the force but no matter how hard he tried he was stuck there at her feet. Hadassah straightened up, she slowly reached up to her ears and removed them, shaking her brown curly hair loose.

"Do you still want to kill me?" she asked, her voice now steady and filled mockery.

The Nagas were speechless, they had never encountered such power, especially not from someone they had underestimated so completely.

One of them finally found his voice. "Who... who are you?"

"Do you really not know? Or are you stupid?"

"Human..." The one at her feet muttered. "A human..."

Hadassah smirked. This Naga was exceptionally perceptive. It was a good idea to kill her; he should have crushed her immediately if he truly wanted to eliminate her. Giving her time to gather her thoughts was the only foolish decision made. "What is your name?" she asked him.