𝓍𝓍𝒾𝓋, ladyfingers.

chapter twenty-four, ladyfingers.
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

SEVEN MOONS LATER

SEVEN MOONS LATER.

It was early morning, the sun hadn't even came out yet. Alana stood on the balcony. The air smelt of salt from the sea, and the wind rustled her loose nightgown and hair. Her hand was on her nine moon old stomach, rubbing it subconsciously as she shifted onto one foot to another.

During the past few weeks she'd been going to godswood a lot more, as a way to find somewhat of a way to be with her mother like she did in Winterfell, even if it was just being near an old tree.

The twins had grown, seven moons old now, they both had silver tuffs of hair, and violet eyes that matched Helaena's, they both had grown a bit more chubby than when they were a newborn but that was expected. If Alana was going to be honest, both twins looked more like Helaena, with little of Aemond.

Alana's thoughts were interrupted, by a figure pressing his chest to her back, and his chin on her shoulder, his hands rubbing her stomach, joining along with her own. "You should be asleep." Aegon spoke his voice full of sleep, kissing her neck.

"I'm not tired." Alana smiled, watching as the sky slowly got brighter, the faint hint of dawn approaching.

"Your nine moons full of our child, of course you're tired, especially with you standing." Aegon spoke, rubbing his thumb over her large bump.

"He is restless." Alana nodded, biting the inside of her cheek so hard she could taste blood.

Aegon smiled as he felt a slight kick on her stomach, the feeling, feeling strange to him despite having felt it multiple times before. "He?"

Alana nodded, "your sister was right about the twins being twins, I trust Helaena."

"You always trust Helaena." He smiled before he pressed another kiss on her neck. "We won't know for certain until he or she comes out."

"Are you excited?" Alana turned her body to look at him, a soft look on her face when she looked at him.

"Love, I am beyond excited to meet him or her. But I worry, you're going to be in so much pain." Aegon looked down at her stomach

"I'll be okay." Alana smiled, trying to reassure him despite her own worries. "I promise." She kissed him. "Though you're not even going to be in there with me."

"It's a ridiculous rule, I should be in there with you, comforting you." Aegon rolled his eyes, looking away from her towards the sunrise. "You'll be in there in pain, while I wait outside waiting for any news, good or bad." He scoffed.

"Aegon-." Alana put her hand on his cheek, rubbing her thumb slightly.

"If anything were to happen to you, I will kill everyone in this damned place. Starting with the midwives, and their inhuman rules." He spoke, bringing his hand atop of hers, his grip firm.

"Nothing will happen to me.."  Alana nodded. She kept trying to reassures him even tho she was silently freaking out. She smiled to him reassuring and pulled him into a hug, even if her bump got in the way a little.

Aegon nodded before letting out a chuckle pulling away to look at her, "Gods, I can barely hug you now." 

Alana let out a laugh, before looking at the sunrise, leaning her head against his shoulder.

Aegon wrapped his arm around her waist, pulling her closer. He took in the sight of the rising sun, "It's beautiful isn't it?"

Alana hummed a yes, her hand going back down to her stomach, rubbing it.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

Later that day, Alana and Helaena sat in the gardens in the grass with the twins. Being in the gardens with Helaena and the twins were a regular thing now, they would do it mostly everyday.

The twins could sit up by themselves now, their little tuffs of silver hair, and violet eyes shined in the bright sun.

"The maesters say the twins are beginning to have teeth, but now they put everything in their mouth unfortunately." Helaena spoke, as Jaehaera tried to put a piece of grass in her mouth but Helaena quickly took it away.

"But they are quite cute, especially with their chubby cheeks." Alana chuckled, rubbing her stomach, feeling the slight kick of the babe. "Though they do look more like you than Aemond."

Helaena smiled, looking at her stomach, then glancing at the twins. "Is he moving a lot?"

"Yes he is." Alana nodded, smiling looking down at her stomach.

"May I feel?" Helaena asked, Alana nodded. Helaena scooted over to where Alana was, the maids a little far away, watching the twins. "He will be here soon." Helaena paused, rubbing her hand over Alana's large stomach, nodding her head, "Very soon."

Alana smiled at Helaena, trying to make sense of her words as Helaena moved away from Alana to where she sat originally, placing Jaehaerys on her lap. A sudden footsteps were heard behind the pair, and slight sound of a dress moving on the grass.

Alana looked behind her shoulder and saw the Queen, she was wearing a dark green dress, her auburn hair was half up half down. She had a tight smile on her face, her hands clasped together infront of her stomach.

Alicent held the skirts of her dress up and she sat next to Helaena, grabbing Jaehaera and pulling her on her lap. "How are you feeling?" Alicent looked at Alana.

"I am fine, a bit uncomfortable but all is well." Alana smiled, trying to be polite to Alicent.

Alicent nodded still smiling, rubbing her hand over Jaehaera's tuffs of silver hair. "That is good...and Aegon is excited?"

Helaena didn't look at the two, speaking riddles to herself, rubbing Jaehaerys's back as he looked as if he was about to fall asleep.

"He is." Alana nodded, "Just upset that he can't be in the birthing chambers with me."

Alicent nodded, biting the inside of her cheek. "Unfortunately men cannot be in the birthing chambers." She spoke, her voice firm, stating the obvious fact to Alana.

Alana nodded, looking back down at her stomach. There was a silence that loomed over the three women, the only sounds being the birds in the distance, and the faint trees blowing in the wind.

Alana leaned her hands back on the grass, looking up at the sky as another contraction came on, Alana brushed it off, until it happened only a few minutes apart now, which made her heart drop, as that was usually the sign of labor.

Alicent immediately recognized that face, having birthed four children, and seeing Helaena birth twins. Alicent quickly motioned for the maids to take the twins, which they did. "Come on." Alicent stood up, holding Alana as she stood up.

The two women helped Alana stand up, making their way out of the gardens. Alicent commanded Ser Criston to get a maester and midwives.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃
ending was kinda rushed...and i literally suck at chapter titles soo most of them are songs.
i rly tried to be realistic with the labor process.