|Chapter 11.2| You answered my prayers

The woman sauntered up to the prince's table, each step calculated to enhance her enchanting presence. Zeus laughed heartily as she collapsed into his arms, snuggling up to his broad chest. She glanced up through her long, fluttering lashes, watching Ahqi as he walked back to his seat behind Drucilla. His expression remained cold, indifferent to her emotions. Seeing such a scene made the woman feel inexplicably happy.

After forcing him to your side, are you still happy, Drucilla? the woman mused. She plucked a grape from the bowl on the table in front of them, feeding it to Zeus, who ate it with an uncomfortable expression that flashed in his eyes for a moment before disappearing.

"Such a unique woman! I must ask the Fae King for one of my own!" jested a beast man among the guests.

Zeus laughed nervously, trying to ease the tension. "The Fae are notoriously beautiful. It's a shame I could not see a Fox spirit, so I can only settle for this," he said, only to receive a sharp squeeze in his side from the woman in question.

King Janus, seated regally at the head of the table, interjected, "Ever since the destruction of Atlas, there have been no beastmen in that area."

The room fell into a deadly silence. Who didn't know about the incident five years ago? Atlas had been destroyed by a Harbinger, rendering it an unmonitored zone. Despite it being in celestial territory, the Harbinger could not be easily defeated. The death of the Kesmes who had stood in defence had left no one courageous enough to retake Atlas—until now.

King Janus stood, his imposing figure casting a long shadow over the gathered guests. "It is time to reclaim what was lost," he declared, his voice resonating through the hall. "The succession wars shall begin. To my children, Drucilla and Zeus, I offer a challenge. Reclaim Atlas and wipe out the heretic faction that stands in our way. The one who succeeds will earn the Dragon throne."

The declaration sent ripples of shock and excitement through the room. Drucilla's eyes widened in surprise, but quickly narrowed with determination. Zeus, on the other hand, sneered, his competitive spirit ignited by the challenge.

"This is your chance to prove yourselves," Janus continued, his gaze shifting between his children. "Atlas is a symbol of strength and power. Whoever reclaims it will not only have the throne but will also restore our family's honour."

Drucilla stood, her posture radiating confidence. "I will not fail you, Father. Atlas will be ours once more." She knew her brother had no chance. She had men, power, and money. What did he have? A bunch of women in his backyard.

Zeus smirked, rising to his feet as well. "May the best warrior win," he said mockingly, his eyes glinting with rivalry.

Janus nodded, satisfied with their responses. He raised his goblet. "To the future of our clan, and to the reclamation of Atlas!" he toasted.

The guests raised their goblets in unison, their voices echoing the king's words. "To the winner, the Dragon King, and to the reclamation of Atlas!"

Drucilla's mind raced with excitement. Military strategy was in her blood; this was a challenge she would not lose.

The banquet continued, but the atmosphere had shifted. The declaration of the succession wars had set the stage for a fierce competition, one that would determine the future of their clan and the fate of Atlas. Ahqi, however, did not partake in the merriment. When he had stayed for an appropriate amount of time, he stood up to leave, and Drucilla did not stop him. She found his face too irritating to see.

The young man walked out into the cool night, accompanied by attendants who followed silently with lanterns. He stopped by the Koi Fish Lake, staring at the water as if in longing, wishing he could return to the sea. He had spent years feeling stifled, as if imprisoned, but now he wasn't even able to transform. If his former life was a prison, then this could only be hell—a hell he deserved.