minor issues.

fantasia's pov:

we agreed to meet at tarajis's parents' house. im nervous and excited at the same time.

me and mommy are on our way to the hair salon, and my dad went to get his haircut. my lace is lifting, and her actual hair is all over the place.

"mommy, you look like you've been electrocuted."

"unt uh dont make me get on that lace now."

"my lace is fine it just has a little lift to it."

"how is your hair lifting so fast anyway? if im not mistaken, you just got your hair done, not even two weeks ago."

"ummm, im not exactly sure. the glue probably isn't working well or something i don't know. anyway, i think i wanna go short."

"you'd rock the short style. well, you can rock any style, so imagine the short one on you."

"you think so?"

"no, i know so. tell me, how have you been?"

"i been great, actually. t has been keeping me happy for the most part, and then i have all of these opportunities coming my way, so that plays a big part in my happiness as well. i have you and dad by my side and my new dog. life is great right now."

"i love that for you. you deserve to be happy, and you deserve everything thats coming your way."

"thank you, mommy."

"you're welcome, baby. so, how do you feel about meeting raji's parents?"

"well, im nervous and excited. i've never reached this stage in a relationship, so this is all new to me. hopefully, they like me."

"they're gonna love you."

"fingers crossed. also...imgoingtobeverlyhillsinafewdays."

"hold it, run that back. you're doing what?"

"i just told you."

"yeah, you were speed talking."

"im going to beverly hills in a few days."

"with who and why?"

"taraji, and she's going to see her grandmother that she hasn't seen since she was thirteen. i thought i'd tag along, you know, be there by her side."

"you're an adult now, and i know you can hold your own, but i want you to be safe. your safety is my only concern."

"ill be fine, mama, don't worry."

"i know, baby, i know."

L💍ML: at the hospital rn

: why? what's going on? is it the baby?

we finally made it to the salon.

L💍ML: ion know yet. all i know is that she lost some blood.

i called her as i sat in the chair, connecting my phone to the airpods.

"hi, are you okay?"

"nah." her voice sounded shaky. i wanted so badly to just hold her.

"hey, he'll be fine. bleeding could mean alot of things such as healthy baby or..."

"or what? now you scaring the fuck outta me."

"placenta... abruption....meaning that um-"

"tasia! get to the point."

"well.. placental abruption can have consequences for the mother and the child, including....d-death."

the phone went silent and i heard sniffling.