foolish boy.

365 words: Got sad and started writing. This is a bit longer of a chapter but I tried to write in a different perspective this time. It felt really weird but I need the practice. I hope you enjoy.

---

-That's it. Lock him in his room, I don't want to deal with his foolishness any longer today." The gruff intoxicated voice rings out into the hallway towards the loyal-ish posted guards. Before I knew it I was being dragged away into my room, not the one I share with my brother, but the one that sends chills crawling into my skin.. I try to yank and pull away from the soldier's grip, roughing up my wrists in the process but nothing works.

"please-! I'll behave, I swear! please!!" I could've sworn I'd been shouting for hours, trying to escape the amount of pain I'd end up going through that night, but nothing worked.

The cold floorboards strike my side as I'm shoved into the isolated crypt. The emptiness of the room echoes my cries back to me the second the door slams shut in my face. I hate being alone, I hate the pit in my stomach every time I cry.

...

Minutes turn into hours and hours develop into a day- my stomach slowly clawing at my ribs, begging for food. Maybe that's what I forgot to do yesterday, no wonder I'm so hungry... My arms wrap around my waist while I lie on the ground counting the seconds. Dad never did install those lights... or that heater... or even a window. It's just empty, and dark, and so so so quiet. Quiet to the point that I can't even hear myself think.

At this point, the only thing keeping my sanity is the old, slightly broken grandfather clock in the corner of the room, ticking every second and ringing every hour.

I'm struggling to find anything anything good about being a royal. Sure, I get to be praised for wearing fancy clothes and having everything I could ever want, but I don't get to do anything I like without punishment. I can't even look at the other kids without being redirected and 'fixed' to act properly.

I want to have friends, to get dirty, and play the lyre. But at this moment, right now, all I truly want is to see my brother again. I hate being alone.. I want my brother...