Daunting and Sleepless nights.

416 words. I wish I could write more but my motivation only got me this far. I wanted to write something soothing for my midnight blues and I thought some hurt/comfort would suffice. I hope you enjoy, thank you for reading.

Fairy tail origins (Brandon x David.) This can be taken as platonic or light romantic, with Brandon not liking heavy romance in my headcanon.

---

*Click* *Errrrrrrr*

The office door stubbornly opens into a small, messy room with the moonlight casing in through the cracked windows along with the pattering rain. The ice mage quietly steps through the doorway, shoes almost silently thumping on the wooden floors as he moves up to the desk in the middle of the room. Lightly tapping the figure on the shoulder, not wanting to startle him in the slightest as he lets out muffled sobs into the desk.

Brandon doesn't bother to look up from his hands, the rough wooden desk rubbing against his tear-stained cheek. The ice mage cautiously moves beside him, crouches down, and places a cold hand on the small of his back, slowly beginning to move it in soothing delicate circles so as to not upset the guild leader more. "Brandon." He speaks in a soft and soothing tone, guiding the man's attention to him. Narrowed and strained eyes glance up at the ravenette's before meeting them entirely. The composed and calm guild leader once known now only reduced to a sobbing mess.

The air mage moves slowly in his chair, wrapping his arms around David and holding on tight as if he were going to lose him. "It's okay, Brandon. I'm here." The soothing words slip from his lips as he accepts the desperate hug, holding onto the older man. "Let's get you to bed."

...

*Crrreak*

The bed flexes with the added weight as Brandon lies down, covers being draped over his figure and tears being wiped away with a caring swipe of a thumb. "Please stay..." His hoarse voice whispers out so as to not disturb the air around him. The ice mage only nods, moving to sit on the edge of Brandon's bed with the moonlight shining on his back.

Minutes go by and the pair stay silent. The rain beginning to die down and uncovering the stars. "Lay down..." The fragile voice mutters once more, sounding softer than before, more gentle and relaxed. "Are you sure?" The ravenette responds, leading to a small slow nod from the other man.

With relaxed posture, the ice mage moves to the other side of the bed. Slipping under the covers and shifting to get comfortable before arms wrap around him once again, but not like before. This time, the air mage is relaxed, no more tears, no more pleas, just comfort. Some time later the two slip off to sleep, and the rain finally stops, a faint purple glow left in its trace against the midnight stars.