3. THE COACH'S DAUGHTER

chapter three,
the coach's daughter.

His eyes were already on you. From the minute you sat down, his attention went from his revision notes to your presence at the table.

Katsuki saw you suck in a breath. His eyes sending a warm feeling down your spine.

Shit—you still had his pen in your hand even though you had a whole pencil case laid on the table between you both.

You extended it, wanting to give the pen back. "Here. I've got my things now."

He shook his head, a small smile wanting to tug on his lips. "Keep it."

You took your hand back, reopening your physics book. "You sure?"

"I've got plenty of pens." Katsuki turned to Izuku next to him, snapping when the green-haired boy blinked in some form of confusion. "What the hell are you looking at?"

"N-nothing," the boy beside him stuttered. "I'm just checking your notes." Izuku pointed to Katsuki's notebook. "That's wrong there..."

The blond looked at his paper, scrunching his nose when he saw nothing wrong with his answers. He let out an annoyed huff. "Idiot. You forgot to carry the three."

Izuku furrowed. Then his face lit up. "Oh yes! Thank you, Kacchan!"

Katsuki rolled his eyes in response. "For the thousandth time. Don't call me that."

You started to read the textbook. As you did, you questioned Katsuki and Izuku. "Kacchan?"

His gaze snapped to you. "Don't you start."

You found it funny that a nickname ticked him off like that. "Who made that up? It's cute."

"It was one I came up with for him when we were younger," the green-haired boy replied. "Then our parents slowly started to pick up on it, then our friends, so now it's just what some of us call him."

"That's what you think," Katsuki mumbled. "Nerd."

He placed the top end of his pencil to his mouth, dark blond brows knitting together as he tried to form an answer for the question in the notebook.

"Are you on question ninety-eight?" You asked. "It stumped me for a second too."

Katsuki mumbled again, "I don't get stumped."

"Everyone gets stumped on things." You let out a light scoff and began writing your notes.

"Clearly you haven't met someone as great as me."

His ego definitely is big.

A minute later, Katsuki nudged your leg from under the table, whispering quietly enough for the others to miss. You looked up at him.

Katsuki said, "What did you get for ninety-eight?" The second he saw you behind to react to him with a laugh, he rolled his eyes. "To make sure you didn't get it wrong."

"Mhm, okay."

"So?"

You turned your page back to the question, telling him your answer.