11. KISS OR TELL

i wrote this chapter to
bet u wanna, by Sabrina Carpenter.
i'd listen to it about halfway down ;)

~

chapter eleven,
kiss or tell.

"You're very pretty, [name]."

Eri sat on your bed, flicking through her picture books while watching you get ready for Mina's party. You double-tapped your phone, checking if you're cutting it close to six o'clock.

Katsuki said be ready before then, and you wanted to be the one waiting and not them.

"Thank you," you smiled. "You're pretty too, Eri."

"Thank you."

Eijirou had sent you a message not too long ago that they were just waiting for Hanta to finish wrapping the present for Mina.

You finished up your hair and patted the lint off of your black jeans, picking the stray hairs from your dark blush pink top. Mina said everyone must wear something pink. She loved pink.

"What about your jacket?" Eri asked, hopping down from your bed and opening your closet. "It might rain."

"Forecast says unlikely," you said to her, but you plucked a large black hoodie from the hangers anyway. "But it's good to be prepared."

Once the alarm on your phone went off for five minutes to six, you made your way downstairs with a gift bag in hand, Eri in tow and your dad already waiting by the door.

He had a frown on his face.

"What?" You asked with a laugh.

Your dad shrugged. "Getting in a car with my basketball team isn't something that'll ease my blood pressure."

"Thought you trusted Ka—Bakugou as a driver?"

"Better than Mina."

Eri took the keys from the bowl and unlocked the door. She made sure you and your dad were behind her before she swung it open.

"Oh!" She widened her eyes. "[name], Bakugou is here early."

"What?" You spun around, furrowing your brows.

You met his eyes a few feet away.

"You're here early."

"I don't keep people waiting," he replied. He nodded to Eri and in return she nodded back. "Eri. Coach."

"You didn't knock."

"Was just about to."

"Bakugou," your dad said, crossing his arms. He peeked over Katsuki's shoulder, seeing Eijirou move from the front seat into the back with Hanta. His face remained flat. "I don't like this arrangement."

Katsuki ran a hand through his unruly hair. "I'm the designated driver coach. No need to get worked up over anything."

Your eyes ran over Katsuki's outfit. Black, oversized cargos and silver jewellery rested on his black shirt. For Mina's rule of 'everyone must wear something pink', Katsuki wore his usual black trainers, but instead of keeping the black laces, he had swapped them for pink ones.

"You're not wearing enough pink."

"I am," he said.

"But you're not going to be wearing pink when you take your shoes off at Mina's."

"That's the point."

You shook your head, extending Mina's present (signed by you and Eri) to him. You quickly made your way upstairs to your room, picking out your rose quartz beaded bracelets and a pink sparkly hair clip, just to piss him off a little.