5. THE STAR PLAYER

chapter five, the star player

chapter five,
the star player.

A third way through the hour of practice, your cheer coach agreed to let the boys have their turn on the court—albeit very reluctantly.

Your dad glanced at you, patting your head. "Good job, Kiddo. I'm glad you're settling in at UA nicely."

"Thank you, Dad."

Neito stood beside Izuku in the centre of the court, gasping. "She's your kid?"

The basketball coach turned, expression falling flat as the whole team took notice of the player's words. "What about it, Monoma?"

Katsuki held onto the dark orange basketball, tossing it into his arms. "Focus, loser. You're behind already."

"Never gonna let me forget, Bakugou," Neito scoffed, clapping his hands and then opening them, asking his captain for the ball.

"I won't unless you're on my level." Katsuki grinned smugly, throwing the ball towards his teammate. "Loser."

You stood next to your dad, furrowing at Katsuki's cocky attitude. "Does he call him that often?"

Coach Aizawa watched as the blond ran to the free-throw line on the left side of the court, a purple-haired boy following him, standing below the hoop. "Yes. He's usually the one throwing insults but he sort of brings up the team in the process. He doesn't mean it... half the time anyways. I can't tell."

"I sit next to him in physics," you blurted.

"Did he call you a loser?" He asked, brows lowering. "I'll make him do laps."

"No, no." You chuckled at his serious tone. "I was just wondering if a captain should call his teammates losers."

"Hah?"

Your chuckle quietened. Katsuki heard you talking to his coach, to your dad, about him. He walked up to the two of you at the edge of the line as his team began taking turns shooting into the hoops.

"They're losers if they can't push themselves," he said to you, nonchalant.

"Bakugou," Coach Aizawa began. "This is my daughter. [name] Aizawa. You've met her in physics but I wanted to formally introduce her to the star player of UA."

Star player?

"[name]. Katsuki here has been playing for the team since he started at UA last year. This year, he's taken half the academic route and is studying an extra subject. I don't know why. He's already being viewed by some of the professional scouts."