16 | Contract

Kenziah's POV

2 days later

"What did you do Ken?" Zoe, it was Zoe. Who yelled from the other line of the phone and I sighed. 

“You lied. You thee Kenzia Walker lied. I wonder why she did it?” She said dramatically.

“I never lied. Everything I told your boyfriend was true."

"He's not my boyfriend and I'm not getting engaged this Friday." She snapped this time and I rolled my eyes.

“Sooner or later he will be and I never said it was yours. By Zoe I meant our company's model Zoe Ferrers. It wasn't my fault he took you for when I said Zoe." I yawned lazily, closed my eyes, and leaned back in my chair. 

"Ken he called me in the middle of my vacation-" 

"Your boyfriend, your problem Zoe." I bit her. 

"He is not-" 

"Bye Zoe." I disconnected the call, interrupting her.

I put my phone on the table and closed my eyes. When a message came on my phone I immediately retrieved it and found out it was from Zoe. 

'You haven't been yourself since last Saturday. it worries me. Be careful and don't think too much. And yes he is not my boyfriend.'

Read the message and I sighed. last Saturday.

He kissed me and... 

And went away from there. 

I sighed again. I Looked at the gift I bought for our 3 month anniversary. 

Will he accept or reply to me this time?

He did not said anything last time when I gifted him on our second month anniversary. 

Or maybe he takes these things as cheesy ones. He doesn't like this type of thing.

I think I should just cook something good this time and stop myself from embarassment. He likes my cooking. He will thankful for that at least

But he didn't even show up from past 2 days. will he come tomorrow?

He kissed me and...  

Since then he was not been seen at home. Neither did he reply to any of my messages and I don't know why he did this. Did he regret kissing me? Maybe.

Then why did he do this? Does he know it was my first kiss?

Probably not. But there is no harm if we kiss each other. Then- 

my chain of thoughts was broken when someone came into my cabin.

I looked up and saw Rena, one of the doctors, coming in holding some files.

"Ken these are your mother-in-law's reports that Miss Hailey gave you." She handed me a report, “And this report is from your mother-in-law, but from our hospital.”

"What?" I was confused. She was now sitting in front of me. 

Why did mom have these two reports? 

“In fact Smith said that the report Ms. Hailie gave him was not the actual report. Big changes are being seen in it. Like about the history of high blood pressure attack. They and the civil branch originals do not match. And it seems she never had a hypertension problem before” 

I scanned through them.

"What do you mean?' I asked, knowing what she meant. 

What she meant was that the reports that mom showed to Arif, Papa and gave to me were fake.