concerns.

long chapter, btw:)

t's pov:

i left to go change and shower before going to help my ma and pops with the food.

"you decided what you wanted to do?"

"we can't go anywhere because after this dinner, im gonna be tired. tomorrow?"

"yeah."

"raji"

"hm?"

"look at me"

"what?"

"what's the matter?"

"nothing."

"your eyes are puffy and slightly red. what's going on with you and told tell me it's nothing"

"i had a scare, that's all. everything almost done."

"yeah well everything except the collard greens are done. what's the time?"

"eight forty-two. ayo pop!"

"quit that yelling penda im right here"

"you look sharp."

"thank you, thank you. you look ....like your mother."

"and she looks stunning."

"she took your whole face. i get jealous everytime i look at you and not to mention your first words were ma ma."

"i carried her for nine months. those had better been her first words."

"yeah, but im the reason she was conceived in the first place."

"how about we have another one?"

"oh yeah?"

they started kissing. i ain't never been so disgusted in my life.

"ima be in the back. nasty asses." i said the last part low, but somehow, my pops still heard it.

"watch it, penda"

: where bout yall at?

i went out back and sat by the pool and pulled out my weed along with the cigar. i dialed gab and placed my phone on the speaker.

"hi"

"what he doing now?"

"kicking per usual."

"he heard something bout that boxing match, so he just getting prepared."

"one month left with this kid, ugh, thank God."

"damn i ain't even done with his nursery."

"as long as you have the bassinet, everything else can come later on."

"i ain't even got that yet. ima have to get some designers or something. ima hit you later, though. "

"okay."

after she hung up, i called tasia. she ain't answer the first time, so i called again, and still no answer. i furrowed my eyebrows cause what she doing..

about 30 minutes of getting high, i went back inside, attempting to dig in the food until my mama popped my hand.

"shit!" i said as i rubbed my hand.

"don't do that, raji."

"im hungry, though."

"then take something from the pantry. no one eats until everyone arrives. no one told you to get high this early in the day."