𝕋𝕙𝕖 ℝ𝕦𝕞𝕠𝕦𝕣

CHAPTER 7

I and Crown Princess Lara were strolling in the garden. Crown Prince Eric sat there for a few moment and then left and Arthur was maintaining some distance but observing us obviously.

"So how is life in Ophera now Grand Duchess?"

"I'm trying to adjust still."

"So what do you think about Elios? Although he wasn't your first choice but he seems to be quite fond of you."

I could feel her taunt directly. Moreover though she is addressing me formally; she is still calling Elios by his name. "Choices never matter Crown Princess and for 'Prince' or Princess it's a dream to get choices."

She glared at me of course because I was just rubbing salt in her wound by mentioning Prince.
"But I think Elios is a great partner now that I am married to him. He not only takes care of me but also respects me." I continued with my own way of taunting.

"You are right. After marriage everything changes."

"Yes. Of course. If your love is strong enough you can even change the other person."

She remained silent for some time. It was uneasy to walk with her if she doesn't utter even a word. Suddenly she stopped walking. "Is love even important?"

I looked at her. Her hazel eyes which had looked pure when I first saw her suddenly looked empty. As if there were no emotions.

"I'm not sure either," I said awkwardly.

"Of course you don't know," she gave me a kind smile and we started walking again.

The air was heavy between us. To change the environment I randomly started speaking, "The garden is very beautiful. The flowers also enhances it's beauty."

"Do you like flowers?"

"Yes, yes. Who doesn't like flowers?"

She pointed her index finger to some flowers, "Have you ever seen this before?"

But I noticed a ring on her middle finger. A pink gemstone with small diamond surroundings. I realised that she got it from my dowry. Because this gemstone is only found in my kingdom.

She continued with her speech, "this flowers only bloom in this palace."  The flowers were purple, but the shape was similar to daisy and they had slightly blue stripes. She added, "Unlike other flowers they bloom throughout the year. But if you take them outside this palace they withered in a second. And it's not possible to grow them anywhere else in the world. I hope it's not hard for you to understand." She smiled at the end.

"Of course I understand." I hold her hand and pointed at the ring, "it's similar to the ring. This gemstone is also only found in my Kingdom. Nowhere else in the world you can find them. But unlike this flowers we can gift them to anyone in this world. It's shine never fades."

She pulled her hand back at once.

We again became quite. I was waiting for Elios to return quickly. But then her interrogation again started, "Why don't you tell me a little about your parent? I've heard they were in deeply love."

"Yes. They were." I said without adding anything more.

"What about your mother, the Queen? I haven't heard much about her."

"We are a small country. It's normal to not know much about it's Queen."

"Then how did she died?"

"Before that can you tell me who is this young man? And why is he eavesdropping?"