ℝ𝕖𝕝𝕒𝕥𝕚𝕠𝕟 𝔹𝕖𝕥𝕨𝕖𝕖𝕟 𝕊𝕠𝕦𝕝 𝔹𝕠𝕕𝕪 𝔸𝕟𝕕 𝕄𝕚𝕟𝕕

"WHAT!!! What do you mean His Grace went to another estate just to control some mercenary guild? That makes no sense." I screamed.

I am sitting on a sofa of the hall room in the Ducal Palace. The butler, the head maid, all servants and staffs including Arthur and Lilly are present here.

"Whenever any problem arise His Majesty sends The Grand Duke, her Grace." said Sir Ryan.

"But if the guild has any problem they should speak to the person who is given their state's responsibility. What His Grace can even do?"

"They were protesting demanding more facilities, according to them they are paid poorly. Marquis Evans, the head of the estate tried to made them understand and even raise their payment but the guild member didn't came to an agreement. They wished to meet someone from the Imperial family to listen to their words," said the Butler.

"And so His Majesty sent his nephew instead of one of his sons, is that right?" I asked in a sarcastic way.

"Duchess, those people were making a ruckus and creating problems for the general citizens. Moreover His Grace is also one of the three head of our military force. It's better for him to go there," said the head maid.

"Yes, the third head. Right?" they all gave me a dead glare. She never really spoke to me. But today she is taking their side. There's no meaning talking to them. Either they all are fool or they are trying to make me a fool. "Fine then. Is there anything else?"

"Yes, His....." the butler was saying something but the head maid cut him and said, "His Grace ordered us to take proper care of you in the meantime. So please don't worry about anything. He'll be back in two days."

"Okay! Then you all can go back to work. Lilly and Emma you both come to the study with me."

Emma is the maid who has been helping me for a few days now. I do feel she is working under Elios's word. So even if anything happens she will probably be reporting to Elios directly. Although there's still chances for her to not like me. And in that case, she can twist my words before reaching Elios's ears.

"Lilly, what do you think about this situation?" I asked while standing beside the desk of the study.

"I think Ophera is a very large Empire. Practically it's not possible for the Emperor to be present at everywhere. And if the situation isn't much serious there's no need to send any Prince either. So sending his nephew isn't a bad deal exactly." Lilly's reply isn't something I had expected.

"What about you Emma. What do you think?"

"If it's The Emperor's order then I have nothing to say," she paused, "but if I just have to say from my perspective, it's unfair towards the mercenaries."

"And why do you think so?"

"The butler said they wished to see someone from the Imperial family and The Marquis had already raised their salary. Which means they had more demands. Now I agree that His Grace is The Emperor's nephew but he doesn't have much of the authority of an Imperial. So sending him doesn't mean he will be able to do much for them anyway."

"That makes sense. Then why do you think His Majesty sent The Grand Duke?" If she is against me she will definitely say she doesn't know but if she gives a reason it will mean,

"Maybe because His Majesty don't really want to fulfill the mercenaries demand or else,"

"He wishes His Grace to stay away from the capital for the time being." Which means he can be trying to kill two birds with one stone.

"Yes, that's what I wanted to say, Duchess."

***

At night I decided to speak to the witch again. I took a paper and started writing.

"Hey, are you there?" I waited but there was no reply I decide to wait for a little longer. After 10 to 15 minutes I could see some alphabet.

"Yes. Here I am. And don't call me 'Hey'. Call me Claire."

"Claire? That's my middle name too."

"Aha! Seems like you adjusted quite a bit. Earlier you were pretending all helpless and unfamiliar to this body."

"You really think it's that easy to live someone's else's life?"

"You were saying this then also! Don't you realise you both are the same?"

"WHAT DOES THAT EVEN MEAN???"

"How do I make you understand. See, you know what's parallel universe?"

"I've heard of it. But it's not anything proven."

"Do you still need prove?"

"Okay just say."

"So what happens in parallel universe? The a world like yours exists with the same people just with different life styles right?"

"Yes, I guess."

"It is because the soul remains the same, in every body. There you can ask 'then why are we different?' because of your mind. You and Princess were also the same soul living in two different universe. The same soul in two different body with different mind. There are thousands of universe. Where the soul is living different kind of lives. Now changing bodies can only be possible if the soul's wish collapse."

"I don't understand the last line."

"See the Princess wished to end her life and you wished to live longer. But the destiny was exact opposite you remember when you tried to end your life in this world; you failed miserably every time. Because that's what in this body's destiny. Whereas you tried to survive desperately in your past world, you still ended up dead because that was the destiny of that body. And that's where the wishes collapsed. You both wanted to do something against your Destiny and that's why we were able to exchange the souls." .......................... ...................... ...................."Are you there???..................................... What happened did you faint or something?............ Isabella????????????????????????????????????"

"Yes I am here. You. know this sounds unbelievable."

"Hmm... It's not that easy either Isabella. There are three conditions for such things to happen. Which is close to impossible."

"But the Princess fulfilled all the conditions."

"Well, she did."

"When did the Princess started her plan?"

"Around when her Kingdom Ashkeya was in attack. So about a year ago."

"Do you know what's happening in the Imperial family? I doubt they are using Elios for their personal gain."

"The Imperial Palace is strongly under magic. I cannot get much information from there. But I do think there are some problems between the late Duchess and The Emperor.

"And another thing, did the Princess knew Elios before her marriage?"

"WHAT!!! SHE EVEN ERASED THOSE MEMORIES???"