𝕆𝕟𝕔𝕖 𝔸 𝕂𝕟𝕚𝕘𝕙𝕥 𝔸𝕝𝕨𝕒𝕪𝕤 𝔸 𝕂𝕟𝕚𝕘𝕙𝕥

Chapter 19

"Both the suppliers are commoners. I don't think it will match His Grace's reputation!"

"Is that so, then do you have anything else in your mind?" I asked patiently. Although I quite didn't like the fact he declined my suggestion just because of pride or I guess arrogance.

"I'm not sure either."

"I see," so disappointing. "When is His Grace returning?"

"I believe he'll return before the sunrise."

"Leave." He left quickly. I took a deep breath. It feels as if everyone just wants Elios to lay low. Is there no one who wants to see him shine even more? Or is it me, who is wrong?

Why did I got stuck! Even in my world there was discrimination. I can't deny, even I had discriminated people based on various reasons when I was immature. But in business the only thing matter is if something will bring profit to you or not. But not wanting to associate with someone just because of their birth! Does this even make sense? Will Elios also think like this?...... What is he doing now?

Wait. My pen!!!

"Claire, are you there?"

"Yes," It took her around five minutes to reply. "Do you need any help?"

"Could you please tell me how is Elios doing and where he is now?"

"Elios? Isn't he wi.......... Okay I'll try. It will take some time."

I waited for her to reply.

"He is riding a horse. I believe he is going somewhere."

"Oh, thank you." I didn't know what else should I say. Will it be inappropriate to just say bye. Or what if she is busy and I'm just being a nuisance? "How are you?" I have no idea why I asked this.

"Hahaha. That's a funny thing to ask a witch. But because you asked, I'm good. If there's nothing else to ask then I'll go back to my work now."

"Okay."

I went back to my room, all bored. There's seriously nothing for me to do.

"Princess, is something worrying you?" asked Lilly.

"I feel really useless. Like, what am I even doing."

"Then why don't you do some embroidery?"

"I already did."

"Read a book."

"Already did."

"Taka a walk."

"Done."

"What do you used to do back in your Kingdom?" suddenly Emma asked. "I mean, you are a Princess, so I'm sure your life wasn't much different than it is now. I was just curious Duchess, I didn't meant it in any other way!"

"No," I sighed, "I understand what you are saying. But apparently my life was very different than how it is now, before coming here," I added. Yes my life was very different. But she isn't interested in my life. But in Princess's life. So I'll let you know about her life, "I had my daily duties to perform. That's included attending meetings, going to public events. After that I would had many lessons and classes. Then I would had to practice many skills that would help me during an emergency."

"Is it true you used to be a knight?" she eagerly asked.

"I wouldn't say I was a knight because I never really went through the tough challenges like others."

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN?" furiously Lilly asked. I felt as if her gaze could burn me to death. "You and Sir Arthur went through the same training."

"But I'm not as good as him."

"You fought in the front line during the war." I couldn't say anything against that. Maybe the Princess was a good knight. I shouldn't underestimate her. But then why do I have two bodyguards here protecting me!

"Miss Emma, our Princess is good in everything and anything. You should had already realised it but maybe because she is leisurely spending her time you couldn't see it," is she supporting me or insulting me, "but when the time comes, you'll realise it."

"In that case, it really must be frustrating for you to stay here, in this mansion all the time," both Emma and Lilly were lost in thoughts.

"Why don't you spar with the other knights, Duchess? I'm sure knights has to regularly go through practice otherwise their skills become dull," excitedly said Emma.

"Yes Princess! You haven't practiced since the day we came here. You don't ever ride on your horse." Lilly joined her even more excitedly.

What are these two up to now! "But you know, I 'used' to be a knight. I don't think I any longer need to continue that," I said in my defence.

"What are you saying Princess. You never know when it might come in handy."

"Yes Duchess, she is right. Moreover once a knight, always a knight."

"But I think female knights aren't common here."

"So what. Why would you let them stop you. I'm sure His Grace wouldn't have any problem with it," Emma said aggressively.

"I'll get your clothes for practice." Lilly went quickly.

I don't think I have ever saw them this excited...... But still, I CAN'T DO THIS!!!

They forcefully took me to the practice ground after I changed my clothes. It was a blouse and a pant. Truthfully it felt amazing after changing into such comfortable clothes.

"Princess, Lilly told me you wanted to spar with me," Arthur asked as if he was waiting for me for ages.

"N...," "Yes," said Lilly without letting me finish.

"Okay then. Take your position."

I unwantedly stood infront of him with a sword he gave me. I noticed everyone was staring at me. "Sir Arthur, I think we should spar somewhere else others are getting uncomfortable because of us."

"That's not for us to worry about," he said and literally throw the sword at me. I never imagined he would do such a thing. Somehow I just jumped behind. "Princess, is something wrong? You don't usually avoid the blows," he asked worriedly.

"Yeah, it's just I'm using a sword after a long time," I made up an excuse. I looked at the sword and realised it was the Princess's own sword. With a emerald engraved in it.

In the meantime Arthur again attacked me but surprisingly rather than dodging it, I stopped it with the sword as if my body was moving on it's own. Then I started attacking him. And not just one or two attacks; continuous attacks from each and every side. How am I doing this?!?!?!?

"Seems like you quickly caught the pace Princess!" Arthur's attack kept becoming more severe and so mine. All of a sudden all my fear were gone and I was enjoying.

We fought, we fought and we fought there was no ending and all of a sudden, Arthur was on the ground and my sword was on his neck.