𝕋𝕙𝕖 ℝ𝕖𝕒𝕝 𝕐𝕠𝕦

"I would like you to meet someone Duchess Isabella," the Empress turned on her right, a young boy with silver hair stood next to her. He is our Royal Mage Edward. "Greetings to the Grand Duke and Duchess," the boy greeted us. Again the Empress continued, "Why don't you speak to the Duchess in alone Edward. I hope that won't be an issue, Duchess?"

"Of course not Your Highness," I replied.

A knight showed me the way. I saw glimpse of the second Prince Arnold and the Crown Princess Lara. They were standing behind a curtain.

I and the young boy named Edward went to a chamber, it looked like a lab to me. There were jars everywhere. "Please close the door and make sure no one interrupt us," told Edward to the knight. The knight nodded and went away.

I turned around to look for a seat. "So the Empress wants you to check if I'm a witch or not, right?"

"Yes," he replied, his voice sounded slightly colder than before.

"So how are you going to do it?" I sat on a chair kept in a corner of the room. I looked back at him but instead of the young boy a grown man was standing there. With the same silver hair but longer this time. I've seen him somewhere!!!

"So do you remember me now, Isabella?"

"I've seen you before,...... but I can't remember...... clearly......"

"Such things are common after switching bodies. You often can't remember everything on spot. But slowly the memories come,"

"Yeah. It takes time so.......," I staggered. What am I saying? No! How does he knows about it? "I'm not quite sure what you are talking about." I said nervously.

"You don't have to pretend infront of me."

"Have you already told everything to the Empress?" What was I even thinking? If he can know wether am I a witch or not then he might also can see that I'm not the real Princess!

"Why would I tell her about it? Moreover,.... he walked towards me, "how much did the previous Isabella erased your memory?" He took my hand from my lap. "Seems like a little too much. That must be hard for you! Give me your other hand."

Without any of my complaint he hold my both hand and closed his eyes. He stood there like this for couple of seconds.

"This much should be enough," he opened his eyes and said.

"What did you do?" I asked.

"You will get to know it after some time."

"What will you tell the Empress?"

"Ummm.... Don't worry. I'll come up with a good excuse," he said and flicked me on my forehead.

***

My head was hurting.

"Princess! Are you alright?" I heard Lilly's voice. I realised I was lying in my bed. I slowly sat down. Lilly, Emma and Elios were present there.

"Everyone leave! I need to speak to the Duchess." said Elios.

They left one by one from the room.

"What had happened?"  I asked Elios.

"The Royal Mage said you lost your consciousness due to exhaustion. He said it was a tiring process."

"What did he tell the Empress?"

"I think he couldn't really understand much. He said you weren't a witch but he would like to see you again as you seems to have some kind of power. Which I'm sure was actually Bella's power."

So that was his excuse, a stupid excuse for sure. "So what are you going to do now? How will you send me back?" I asked Elios.

"I'm trying to find a way!" he replied annoyingly.

"Why don't you ask the Royal Mage to help you?"

"It's forbidden to perform witchcraft in this Empire. If the Empress somehow found out that Bella took help from a witch, the situation won't be in our favour."

"Then what are we going to do now?"

"Just continue your life like before. I'll soon come up with a solution. Besides wasn't it your plan to live your life as Bella? Come to think of it, you continuously were trying to instigate me against The Emperor and Empress! Was it because of this?"

"No!" I frustratedly said, "My first plan was to leave you but seeing that the Princess was sold to you, I couldn't come up with the courage to runaway; leading a whole Kingdom to danger. And talking about the Emperor and Empress, if you like being used by them, then go ahead. I won't ever tell you anything again."

"So you will still pretend that The Emperor and Empress..."

"Are you being serious? Even after every thing you are saying this? Just tell me one thing, The Royal Mage said I had some special powers and you are saying it belongs to the Princess. Now for instance, think I was never here. It was the Princess here all this time. She would had go through the same thing then. And Empress would still try to prove that she was a witch! What would you do then?"

"Bella isn't stupid like you to show her powers to others in the first place. And even if eventually it was found out I'm sure the Empress would..................." he stopped for some time. Do he finally realise what I'm saying? "I'll go now." he said without completing what he was saying before.

"Wait!!! Give me my pen back after that leave."

"Fine I'll send it to you."

A little later Emma came to my room with food. "Grand Duchess, you should eat something and His Grace told me to return this pen."

"Yes, thank you Emma." she stood there in silence. I think she wants me to eat first so that she can go back with the utensils. I started eating.

"Her Grace, can I ask you something?"

"Yes."

"In the morning, when I said you wanted to be in good terms with us, was I correct?"

"Yes, you were."

"But why? I mean... there is no reason for you to have friendly relation with any of us. You are the Grand Duchess, you are in a much more higher position than any of us. You can simply live by ordering us around then why?"

"Life is better when you have friends Emma. If I die I want someone to cry for me," exactly. For me not only for the Princess. "But I must admit I tried to buy your trust. I shouldn't had done that. And see that backfired on me."

"I don't think you tried to buy my trust. And it felt really good when you gave me flowers."

"I'm glad to hear so."

"I don't know how you lived back in your Kingdom but why don't you try living like other Noble Ladies here. You might be able to make friends in that way?"

"Why, you didn't like my idea to become friends with you?"

"It's just........ I wish Her Grace should be friends with people like her."