𝕋𝕙𝕖 ℕ𝕖𝕨 𝔹𝕖𝕘𝕚𝕟𝕟𝕚𝕟𝕘

Chapter 22

"Grand Duchess, the Imperial Knights has came," said Emma.

"All right." I walked out of my room and went to the hall. Quite a few knights were there waiting for me.

"Grand Duchess Isabella, we are here by the order of The Empress to take you with us. We'll make sure you don't face any difficulties in the way and will bring you back here safely," said one knight.

"Okay. Then shall we leave,"

"Wait," Elios restlessly interrupt. "I'll also come with you."

"As His Grace wishes," the Knight replied.

I looked at Lilly, looking worried and telling something to Arthur. But Arthur himself looked, what should I say amused! Our eyes met suddenly, "I will accompany The Princess," he said.

"No! We have orders to only bring The Duchess. His Grace is already coming with us. So we can't bring anyone else."

At the end only I and Elios went with the Imperial Knights. A very beautiful carriage was waiting for us outside. I hopped in and Elios also took a seat beside me. I thought a knight will surely stay with me to see if I do anything suspicious, but surprisingly none did.

"Don't do anything suspicious!" said Elios viciously.

I smirked at him, "As long as you can protect me, it doesn't matter what I do."

[An Hour Earlier

"You know something, right?"

"Is there anything I shouldn't had known?"

I was irritated by his remarks, "Don't beat around the bush! What do you know?" I said with rage.

He stood up from his seat and walked towards me, "Maybe that you are continuously contacting a witch," I took a step backward unintentionally. "And also you might be hiding a lot of things."

"Does it even matter to you? Does it change anything?" I asked defeatedly.

"It doesn't," he was really close to me then he grabbed my face, "only if you are Bella, but that doesn't seems to be the case." His hand smoothly went to my neck.

"And what if I am not?"

He tightened his grip almost as if he would choke me but careful enough to not do so. "Then I believe there's no need for you to be here."

"So what will you do?" It was hard to speak, "Kill me? What will you tell others then?" He tightened his grip even more, "Forget about others...... what will happen to...... ....... Isabella then?"

"What!!!" Elios let go of me at once. "Where's Isabella?"

"You wanted to kill me a second ago. What happened? Just kill me. You don't need to worry about Isabella." I coughed and said peculiarly.

He grabbed my wrist and twisted it, "Don't you try to play your little games with me!!!" he screamed.

"Okay I won't," my hand was hurting really bad, "Just letting you know the more you hurt this body, the more you are hurting Isabella." He loosed his grip a little.

"Do you think I am a fool to believe you?"

"I do used to think you are a fool but by not believing me I am sure you are one. It's not my body. It's Isabella's body. So of course in the end you are only hurting her."

"Where's Isabella?"

"First leave my hand, I'll tell you everything then."

I took a seat. I don't know if I had any chance to save myself by lying, but what will even happen if I lie? There's no reason for me to pretend to be his wife. It's better for me to take a chance.

"From when were you suspicious about me?" I asked.

"Why? You will make up a story according to that?"

"No, just wanted to see how much you really knew your wife," I replied gladly.

"Everything was suspicious about you from the time you arrive here. At the wedding, then the first night, everything that happened at the morning after that. And most importantly your behaviour. Bella never behaved disgracefully like you."

"And what made you believe your suspicions were right?"

"Bella's knight, Arthur! I asked him if he thought your behaviour was unusual. And guess what he said? He also thinks so. Then what you did? You gifted a mere knight diamonds. Anyone could see what you were trying to do with it. Trying to buy their trust?"

"Oh! So it was fine until Isabella was only gifting him, as soon as he got a competition he couldn't take it anymore. I see.............. And another thing, you spent the first night with your beloved Isabella actually, it was me from the next morning. Now, don't ask me why she behaved uninterested with you during night, I can't answer that." I replied meanly.

He glared at me furiously for a few seconds, "Where is Bella now?"

"If I am in her body, then where can she be?" I asked as if it was obvious.

"In your b.... Where's your body?"

"My body is in my world, of course."

"Don't try to be over smart with me! Where is your body? And when will Isabella be back in her own body."

"Apparently it's something only your wife knows. Because it was she who exchanged her body with me in the first place!"

"And you think I'll believe in your lies? Bold of you to assume so."

"Then why don't you kill me? Who knows maybe I'll go back to my original body after that? Oh......... but maybe Isabella won't be able to return to her body then!" I lied. Claire told me that Isabella is already dead in my body. But telling that to Elios won't do me any good. Moreover I don't even know if Claire was being truthful or not!

"What prove do you have for me to trust you?" he again asked.

"I have none and that's why I'm telling you to kill me and finish all your problems."

"Why were you contacting a witch then?"

"Your wife had hired her, she was just telling me to live a quiet life as much as possible."

"So you are saying it was Isabella who switched the bodies?" I nodded in agreement, "But why? She has no reason to do so?" he started mumbling, "Did she not want to marry me? She even refused to take me. Why? Just what was the reason?" He looked at me again, "You really don't know how to switch again?"

"No."

"The witch!!! Why don't you ask the witch?"

"I already did. But she said I can't do anything as long as Isabella doesn't want to leave my body and if I try to do anything both of us will die," I lied again.

"That means you aren't a witch and neither was Isabella, right?"

"Yes. I guess so."

"Listen, the Empress wants to check if you are a witch or not. She'll sent her Knights to bring you to her. The Royal Mage will then examine you. He can easily know if you are a witch or if you were in touch with anything related to witchcraft!"

"Then he'll find out I was in contact with a witch."

"Yes! ...... No everything will be alright. I'll talk to them if needed. Just make sure that you don't do anything suspicious infront of the Imperial family like last time."]

At The Imperial Palace

"Welcome Grand Duke and Grand Duchess Heymann. I hope you already know why I called you Grand Duchess!"

"Yes, Your Highness His Grace informed me," I replied with a wide smile as I was standing in The Empress's audience.