past trauma.

omniscient

a week later | 3:00 P.M.

taraji and fantasia is leaving to beverly hills tomorrow morning and their flight boards at 6.

so with that being said, taraji planned to announce to her parents that their gonna be grandparents in less than a month. she has shirts revealing their relations to her baby boy.

"yo ma, pop!" taraji yelled as her and fantasia entered the house.

making her way to the back, she found them sleeping in their room. she took her shoes off and began jumping in their bed.

"taraji, stop they're sleeping." fantasia whispered.

"so? wake up, ma, wake up pop!"

"raji!" paula yelled.

"penda, im gonna kick your ass off this bed if you dont stop jumping." greg spoke with his eyes closed.

"get up then."

"okay were up! what is it?"

"pop ain't up yet." taraji jumped higher.

fantasia stood off to the side laughing at her girlfriend's childish activities.

paula tapped him. "shit! babe, please get up so this girl can stop jumping!"

"penda."

"pop."

he sighed loudly before sitting up in the bed and rubbing his eyes.

"i swear it better be important."

"it is. put some clothes on and come in the living room."

taraji jumped onto the floor, making sure to plop down on the bed before sliding her slippers back on.

"you are a mess." fantasia laughed.

"im a tired mess, damn."

after what felt like years, her parents finally came and sat in the living area.

"raji, please get to it. im sleepy. hi fantasia baby." paula sighed as she rested her hand on her face.

"hi, good afternoon to you both!" fantasia spoke, acknowledging both of their presences.

greg was slowly falling back to sleep, and  taraji clapped her hands in his face, waking him back up.

"why yall so sleepy anyway? it's three in the afternoon."

"ask your mother."

"no, ask your dad."

"how bout we just get to it. aight, so i got yall a gift."

"ouu, i love gifts."

"what's in this?" greg asked.

"open it and see."

they pulled out the shirts and gave raji an 'are you serious look' .

"really? it's just a plain black shirt. you woke us up for this?"

"turn the shirts to the other side, people..."

"you're going to be a... AHHHH! raji, if you're pranking us, please say it now."

"yeah, im scared to get excited she plays so much."

"im serious."

"aw, congratulations to you two!"

fantasia got emotional once she realized that their first grandchild and tarajis first child isn't or wasn't coming from her.

"i- um.. im not the mother." her words came out a bit shaky, but it was less noticeable to the couple, although taraji knew what was going on.