031

LAST CHAPTER .

The air was thick with tension as Sanaa, Jayda, Dess, and Ari gathered in Jayda's living room, the weight of recent revelations pressing down on them

The air was thick with tension as Sanaa, Jayda, Dess, and Ari gathered in Jayda's living room, the weight of recent revelations pressing down on them. Dayvon's disappearance and the unsettling news about Sanaa's father had thrown their world into chaos. But as they sat in silence, trying to make sense of it all, a new and even more sinister threat emerged.

Nuru appeared suddenly, his normally calm demeanor replaced with palpable anxiety. "Sanaa, there's something urgent you need to know. Tatia, a powerful witch and distant family member, is coming for you. She's determined to kill you and take Demi."

Sanaa's heart pounded in her chest. "Why? Why is she doing this?"

"Tatia believes that you and Demi hold the key to a power she desires. If she succeeds, not only will she kill you, but everyone's memories of you will be erased, and Demi will disappear," Nuru explained, his voice trembling.

Jayda, Dess, and Ari gasped in shock. "What can we do to stop her?" Jayda asked, her voice filled with determination.

Nuru took a deep breath. "There's only one way to protect everyone. Sanaa must return to the ocean immediately. The magic of the sea can shield her and Demi from Tatia's reach. But if you don't go back, the consequences will be dire."

Sanaa felt tears well up in her eyes. She had just begun to rebuild her life on land, to reconnect with her friends and start healing. Now, she was faced with an impossible choice. Leave everything behind to save everyone she loved or stay and risk losing them all.

She looked at her friends, their faces etched with worry and fear. "I have to do this. I can't let Tatia destroy our lives."

Jayda hugged her tightly. "We'll support you, Sanaa. We'll keep fighting, no matter what."

With a heavy heart, Sanaa packed her belongings and prepared to leave. As she held Demi close, she whispered, "We'll be safe, my love. We have to be strong."

Before she left, Sanaa made one last phone call to Dayvon, hoping to hear his voice one more time. His phone went to voicemail, and she left a message, her voice choked with emotion. "Dayvon, I'm so sorry. I have to leave again to protect everyone. Please understand. I love you."