24: Weakness

A chaotic scene had unfolded in the entrance hall of the hospital. Last night, toga had been taken into the care of the nearest hospital they could find, and since then, Bakugou had waited untill he was able to go in and see her, sitting all night in the lounge room. The doctor that was currently taking care of her, had told him of her condition. Unbeknownst to Bakugou, she was an extremely sick girl, infact she always had been. From what they told him, she would sometimes, have moments of weakness in her body as a child, which would cause her to be incapable of any consistent movement. He had no idea this entire time, and hearing all of these things from this doctor, made him go absolutely ballistic.

Without thinking he would grab the doctor by his coat and began punching him profusely, but staff near by would soon pull him off of the man. The police had arrived and he could potentially have been arrested, but the doctor had decided to drop any charges on him. He had blacked out during the incident, and has no memory of even doing it. And as he sits outside the hospital, on the edge of the sidewalk, digging his nails into his head, trying to make sense of everything, Toga sticks to his mind like glue. Her smiling face fastens itself to every part of his mind. The thought of losing that is unfathomable.

The doctor that he had harmed would make his way outside, standing beside him.

Doctor: "You're free to see her."

Bakugou: "... Sorry for punchin you."

Doctor: "It's fine. You're situation isn't easy."

Bakugou would sigh, and stand. He would make his way back into the hospital, and with a bit of wandering around, he would find her room. He would grasp the handle in his palm, and slowly turn it, entering into the room. And there she was. She looked exhausted, and slowly turned her head towards him, as he closed the door. Her heavy eyes would quickly gain tears. She would attempt to sit up in her bed, but it was useless, and Bakugou could see that. Every movement she made seemed like a struggle. It was painful for him to see her this way.

Bakugou: "Why."

She would gently shake her head left to right. Her throat was clogged by the words that refused to come out; her guilt was to much to bare.

Bakugou: "WHY DIDN'T YOU FUCKING TELL ME THIS WAS HAPPENING TO YOU!!"

She couldn't look at him anymore. Her eyes would divert to the ceiling. It was to much. All of it was to much.

Toga: "I-Im s-s-sorry *hic*. I-I thought I was b-better... It had been s-so long since I-I *hic* was like this... I just *hic* I'm...so...sorry."

Seeing her like this made his tears start to flow. He never would have guessed for something like this to happen. Not in a million years. And as much as he tried to keep his tears in, it was inevitable.

 And as much as he tried to keep his tears in, it was inevitable