beverly hills

t's pov| son.

3:00 A.M.

since our flight board at six, i got up two hours before then and did my hygiene.

tasia was sleeping peacefully, so i figured i would wake her up at four on the dot.

i went into the kitchen and grabbed some water before picking up my phone to dial gab and placing it on the speaker as i opened my water.

she picked up after the fourth ring.

"hi"

"wassup. you sound like you just woke up. "

"i did. the ringer startled me. what's going on?"

"update"

"same old, same old. he's still healthy, and of course, you know he kicks a lot. more good news, though, i get discharged in four days, and they told me that i would be able to continue my normal activities."

"cool, cool. so regina gon stay with you or what?"

"for what? i can hold my own."

"and look how that turned out."

"i know, i know. i also know not to stand up in the shower anymore. other than that, ill be fine on my own."

"ima hire a private duty nurse up until he come out."

"i don't need one."

"ion need another scare gab." i raised my voice a little bit.

"okay, and there won't be any more scares." she spoke in a whisper.

"im tryna make sure my boy straight. i hear what you saying, but the shit too risky. you gon need somebody there."

"my mom will check up on me, and when she isn't able, ill call gina or my aunt if it's an emergency."

"aight, ima take yo word for it. get yo rest in ima hit you later."

"okay."

"baby?" i heard a soft voice call out.

i grabbed my phone and water, heading back to the room.

she was rubbing the sleep out her eyes.

"hey goodmo— what's wrong, Mama?" i ran over to her when i heard sniffling.

"where did you go?"

"i was in the kitchen pretty. why you crying?"

"i thought you were hurt somewhere or something."

"bad dream?"

she shook her head and wiped her eyes.

"are you sure you didn't leave the house?"

"i swear. i got up, did my hygiene, grabbed some water, and called gab to check on my kid. i wanted to let you sleep a little while longer so i ain't wake you. i never left, i promise."

"i didnt feel you when i reached over, so i thought....you know. i love you."

"i know, pretty. i love you more." i pecked her lips a few times and held her as she laid on my chest. her grip around me was tight.

"what time is it?"

"three fifty eight."

"can i ask you something?"

"anything."

"are you ever gonna give up that dangerous life?"

she lifted a little to look at me.