carlo: smoking with them

he takes another hit, his lips wrapping around the joint in a way that sends a shiver down your spine. he holds the smoke in for a moment before slowly exhaling, his eyes never leaving yours. his arm is wrapped around your shoulder, his head leaning against you.

"you look tired," you say.

he takes a deep breath and lets out a sigh. "yeah, i didn't sleep well last night." he looks up at you, a glimmer of vulnerability in his eyes. it's the first time you've seen him like this, and it makes your heart skip a beat.

"i've been having these weird dreams lately," he says. "dreams about you."

"what's weird about dreaming about me?" you chuckle.

he shifts his body a little bit, his arm tightening around your shoulder. "well... they're not exactly normal dreams, if you know what i mean." he takes another hit of the blunt, passing it back to you.

as you take the joint from his hand, you can't help but notice the way his fingers linger on yours for a split second, like he doesn't want to let go.

"not normal?" you question.

he looks away, a faint blush creeping onto his cheeks. "they're... a little more explicit than normal dreams," he says, his voice barely above a whisper.

you raise an eyebrow at him, a smirk tugging at the corners of your lips. "oh yeah? and what exactly do these dreams involve?"

he hesitates for a moment, clearly unsure of how much he should reveal. "well... they involve you... and me."

there's a beat of silence as the implication of his words hang in the air. you can practically feel the heat emanating off of him, his body so close to yours.

"obviously," you say, unable to resist digging a little deeper.

he lets out a soft laugh, the sound sending another shiver down your spine. "yeah, obviously," he says, his eyes locking onto yours again. "but... they've been a little more intense than usual lately."

he looks down, his fingers tracing lazy patterns on your arm. "they've been making it kind of hard to sleep."

"your dreams about me?" you say.

he nods, his eyes still fixated on his fingers tracing your skin. "yeah, they've been intense. and they keep ending up the same way every time."

you can feel your heart racing in your chest. the tension in the air is palpable. "and how do they end?" you ask, your voice barely a whisper.

he takes a deep breath, his eyes flickering up to meet yours. "can i show you?" he asks, his voice serious.

the question hangs in the air, the weight of it settling heavily on your shoulders. you're not sure what to expect, but you find yourself nodding wordlessly.

he smirks at your permission, his arm moving from your shoulder to wrap around your waist, pulling you closer to him. you can feel the heat radiating off of him now, your bodies almost touching.

he reaches up and brushes a strand of hair away from your face, his touch sending a jolt of electricity through you. "close your eyes," he says, his voice gruff.