#6#

Reeva watched Surekha run and fuss over every little thing. Surekha was frantically preparing to welcome Ishaan home. The whole Bhosale mansion was decorated. Ishaan's room was freshly cleaned and sanitized. Dhurva was helping Asmita, the first time for her, to prepare a 'welcome back, hero' cake in the kitchen. Anvi was busy preparing a song. Shikha was helping Surekha. Nishikant and Yashwant were managing the college work and its redevelopment after the attack from home. Everyone looked excited, hopeful, and nervous. After the truth came to light, the family members were disappointed in the patriarch and matriarch of the family, Yashwant and Surekha, and also Nishikant. Yes, they were upset over their wrongdoings but it was not them who were wronged. Ishaan and Savi were the sufferers. So, they let go of the anger for the time being.

Reeva noticed everyone was there except Chinmay. For some reason, he was not here to welcome his brother. Surekha has called Reeva to come and welcome Ishaan as he returns home after the discharge process. Surekha was informed by the nurse station of the hospital that Ishaan was getting discharged today. Reeva has not forgotten what Surekha and Yashwant did. But again, she doesn't have a right to be angry. Though she was upset on Ishaan's behalf. He didn't deserve the heartbreak.

"Chalo, chalo, move your hands faster! Shantanu must be bringing Ishaan back any time now. My son is coming back home!" Surekha hurried the servants, eyes returning to the front door every once in a while. Yashwant smiled at Surekha, "Surekha, thaam! Don't stress yourself! You already prepared everything. Now, just wait patiently for Ishaan." Surekha anxiously stared at the door, "Saheb, I am afraid of Ishaan's reaction. You know after how he was yesterday...." Yashwant squeezed her shoulder, "I know. We should give Ishaan time and explain ourselves to him. He will understand, after all, he loves us. He will forgive us eventually." Surekha nodded stiffly. Nishikant added, "Hao, Vahini, Saheb is speaking the truth. Ishaan cannot stay mad at us for long."

Asmita and Shikha exchanged worried looks. They doubted that Ishaan would forgive them so easily. His love for Savi is so powerful that he was ready to die. They all witnessed it. Dhurva sat beside Reeva on the sofa, "Reeva Vahini, what are you preparing to welcome Dada?" Reeva stared at Dhurva's smiling face and affirmed, "Stop calling me Vahini, Dhurva. I am not going to marry Ishaan." Dhurva frowned, "Don't tell me you believe that Ishaan Dada loves Gawar Savi? Come on, Vahini! Ishaan Dada was confused and emotional. He didn't know better. And that Gawar used the opportunity and presented herself as pitiful. Don't believe anything." Reeva glared at Dhurva, "What you are saying is ridiculous, Dhurva. I know Ishaan. He was my best friend first. He loves Savi. And he has confessed so several times." Pain crossed Reeva's face, "and I no longer matter to him. Savi is all he wants."

Surekha opened her mouth, but Reeva raised her hand, "No, Akka Saheb. You should accept this truth as I have. Ishaan and I can never be together. I can only be his best friend." Yashwant spoke, "Reeva, I apologise on behalf of Ishaan. You didn't deserve such a betrayal of trust and love. If I could I would have--" Reeva laughed bitterly, "what, Rao Saheb? You have already done so much that Ishaan refuses to even look at you. And because of your actions, he is so heartbroken. What more do you want to do?" Yashwant clenched his fists, "Reeva, I understand that you are upset. But don't speak whatever comes to your mind. It's utter nonsense!" Reeva stood up. Surekha got between the two, "Reeva bada, you know how much we love Ishaan. He is our son. We can never hurt him. We can do anything for him. You are getting everything wrong about us." Reeva shook her head, "For the first time, I can clearly see what you people are, Akka Saheb."

"Aai? What is happening?" Every head turned towards the entrance. Surekha's eyes lit up. She spoke as she ran towards Chinmay, "Asmita, bring Aarti thaal, fast!" Asmita nodded, "hao, Vahini." Surekha expectantly looked past Chinmay. Everyone gathered around the entrance, eyes searching for one particular face. Surekha held Chinmay's arms, "Cheenu, where is Ishaan? Is Shantanu helping him walk to the entrance?" Chinmay frowned, "Ishaan? Shantanu Kaka?" Surekha stared at Chinmay as if he were a freak, "Cheenu, don't act like you don't know what I am saying." Chinmay nodded, "Exactly, Aai. I don't understand." Yashwant spoke up, "That's expected of you. One needs to be excellent and studios to understand things." "Saheb!" "What Surekha meant to ask is, where are Ishaan and Shantanu? He was getting discharged today." Realisation dawned on Chinmay, "How do you know?" Yashwant scowled, "That's not important. You are getting on my nerves. Tell us, where is Ishaan." Chinmay stared at the expectant eyes and sighed, "Ishaan is not coming." Surekha's hold loosened on his arms, "what? Why, Cheenu?" Nishikant asked, "Did his discharge date move forward?" Chinmay shook his head. Yashwant spoke, restless, "Then, speak!" "Ishaan is with Shantanu Kaka and--" "yes, Cheenu. Shantanu must be bringing Ishaan in a separate car, right?" Chinmay shook his head as he said, "No, Aai. Ishaan refused to come to our home. Therefore, Shantanu Kaka and Isha Kaku brought him to our old house."

Surekha stepped back on shaky legs, almost falling if not for Chinmay holding her, "Aai!" "Akka Saheb!" "Surekha!" Surekha cried out, "no! You are lying! Ishaan...he cannot refuse to come home!" Chinmay looked away in dejection. Surekha let out a sob, "I am sure Isha and Savi brainwashed my Ishaan. They took him away from me!" Chinmay shook Surekha, "no, Aai! You are wrong!" Surekha jerked off Chinmay, "yes! I know them very well. Isha always wanted to snatch Ishaan away from me. And look how she is taking advantage of his anger towards us! I am not going to sit and accept this!" Surekha suddenly pushed away from the hold and rushed out of the house. Yashwant and the rest of the family follow her.

_

_

Isha was taking Ishaan's aarti as he stood on the threshold of the house. Savi and Harini were standing behind him. Shantanu showered Ishaan with flowers. Ishaan let out a soft and small smile. Isha smiled, happy and relieved, "Welcome home, Ishu." Ishaan nodded and stepped inside. His eyes took the interior of the house. It was decorated the same way when he was a kid. He recalled the fond memories of his childhood. Unconsciously his eyes teared up. Shantanu noticed, "Ishaan, bada? Are you okay?" Ishaan sniffed, nodding, "Yes, Baba." Shantanu smiled, "come. Your Aai prepared tasty-tasty food for you. She didn't even let me taste it. Let's eat now!" Ishaan, Savi, and Harini chuckled. The three followed Shantanu to the dining hall where Isha was setting up the food. Isha smiled at Ishaan, "Sit, bada. Savi, help Ishu." Savi nodded and carefully assisted Ishaan into a chair. His shoulder and left arm were in an arm swing. Ishaan thanked Savi. Savi and Harini sat beside Ishaan. Shantanu and Isha sat opposite them. Isha served everyone. Everything was again Ishaan's favourite. Ishaan ate the first bite and his eyes lit up, "this is so yummy!" Isha grinned, "Eat, Ishu. Eat till your heart is full." Everyone ate along with having a light conversation.

Ishaan was lost in his thoughts. This situation was bittersweet. One of the many wishes of his was to have food made by his Aai and eat with his parents. It became real. He felt happy and content though he hid his emotions. Savi noticed his face and, under the table, held his hand. Ishaan's face snapped towards her. Savi nodded in understanding. Ishaan smiled and mouthed 'thank you'. Savi shook her head softly. Shantanu cleared his throat, "what's happening between you two love birds?" Savi immediately retracted her hand, blushing. Ishaan turned to Shantanu, "Baba!" "What? What did I do?" Isha smiled as she looked between Savi and Ishaan, "you broke their moment, Shantanu." Harini giggled, "look at Ishaan sir's face! He is pouting!" Savi giggled and leaned towards Ishaan's face as everyone laughed, "Really? You are pouting? Aw! I didn't know you were such a child! Here--" Savi gave him her hand, "hold my hand all you want. I am sure Isha ma'am, and Shantanu sir don't mind." Ishaan's face heated up as he muttered, "Shut up!" Laughter filled the table and teasing continued.

Suddenly, the front door was banged open, and a voice roared, "Isha!" Isha and Shantanu exchanged looks before standing up. Ishaan stayed seated. Savi remained with Ishaan while Harini, Shantanu, and Isha went to the front door. There stood a fuming Surekha. Surekha glared at Isha, "How dare you, Isha!"