Chapter 16: Romeo

The school week had been an exhausting whirlwind for both Faye and Yoko. Their stolen moments of intimacy had become an emotional lifeline amidst the relentless pressures of academic life. They found solace in each other’s arms, their clandestine meetings a sanctuary from the chaos.

On this particular afternoon, the classroom was unusually quiet. Most students were either attending their afternoon lectures or enjoying a brief break. The atmosphere was serene, with the blinds partially drawn, casting a soft, dappled light across the room. It was in this haven that Faye and Yoko found themselves alone, their stolen hours of study tinged with the thrill of their hidden affection.

Yoko, sitting beside the teacher's desk, looked up from her textbook, her eyes meeting Faye’s with a sparkle of mischief. “Okay, Professor Malisorn,” she teased, “what’s next on our quiz?”

Faye, her lips curling into a playful smile, leaned over the desk, her eyes twinkling with affection. “Let’s see. What’s the significance of this passage in the context of modern Thai literature?”

Yoko pondered for a moment, her brow furrowing in concentration. “It highlights the struggle between traditional values and the push for modernization. The characters grapple with their cultural heritage while trying to adapt to new societal norms.”

Faye’s eyes lit up with pride. “Exactly. Well done.” She leaned in, pressing a gentle, lingering kiss to Yoko’s lips. The kiss was sweet, filled with the quiet joy of shared knowledge and affection.

Yoko’s heart raced, her cheeks flushing with warmth. “Thanks, Faye,” she whispered, her fingers brushing against Faye’s hand. “You’re the best teacher I could ask for.”

Faye’s gaze softened, her hand gently caressing Yoko’s cheek. “Flattery will get you more than just kisses,” she murmured, her breath warm against Yoko’s skin.

Yoko’s eyes sparkled with playfulness. “Oh? And what else might I get?”

Faye’s lips curled into a mischievous grin. “Maybe I’ll show you later. For now, let’s focus on acing this quiz.”

As they resumed their study session, every correct answer Yoko provided was rewarded with a kiss, each one gradually more passionate than the last. The classroom, once a place of academic rigor, transformed into a sanctuary of their affection. They exchanged fleeting touches and tender glances, their private world enveloped in a cocoon of warmth and intimacy.

Just as Faye was about to lean in for another kiss, the door creaked open, and Ploy, Faye’s colleague, entered the room. Her eyes widened in shock as she took in the scene before her. Yoko and Faye sprang apart, their faces flushed with embarrassment.

Ploy’s initial reaction was one of disbelief and anger. “Faye!” she exclaimed, her voice tinged with a mixture of shock and disapproval. “What is going on here? I can’t believe this.”

Faye stood, her heart pounding. “Ploy, it’s not what it looks like. I—”

Ploy cut her off, her frustration evident. “Not what it looks like? Faye, you’re a respected professor. How could you let this happen? I recommended you for this position, and now this... this scandal?”

Yoko looked between them, her anxiety palpable. “Please, let us explain. We didn’t mean for this to happen.”

Ploy’s anger was clear. “Explain? How do you explain this? How do you explain the fact that this could jeopardize both of your futures? This is a professional setting, and you both compromised everything.”

Faye took a deep breath, stepping forward to defuse the tension. “Ploy, I understand your anger. But please, just listen. Yoko and I care deeply for each other. This isn’t some casual fling; it’s... it’s something real.”