01

ლ

Rosé wore a frown whilst working her way through the note she found in front of her door at the Inkigayo office. They had been done with their performance and sometime between that and a room full of makeup artists and stylists, someone had placed it carefully in a spot only she could find it.

It was the third note she had found with her name Charming attached to it, something comical. However, the whole thing had been nothing short of creepy.

With the rise in sasaeng fans and the extent they had become willing to go to get noticed by their fans had been worrisome, not to mention borderline crazy and it bothered Rosé greatly.

However, something in the note made her stuff it into her pocket, just like the previous ones and brush it away as if nothing happened.

"Chaeyoung," the voice of her friend seemed to call her from a distant, Rosé whipped her head to find Lisa walking towards her with a bouquet and a phone in her hand.

"What?"

"Take a look at this picture for me?" Lisa placed her phone in front of the other girl's place, scrolling through tons of photos they had recently clicked on their trip to the States.

"We travel too much,"

"It's part of the job, guys" Jennie shouted from the other side of the room as she fixed her hair, her grand outfit long forgotten on the bench as she opted into her casuals for the night.

"Well, should I post these?" Her friend asked, her eyes twinkling with excitement. Lisa loved her job, a little more than the rest of them. She loved the fans, and she loved the fame and she especially loved performing for the same.

"You sound older than me," Jisoo walked in, wearing a black mask and cap. She had a script reading for a recent drama she needed to sneak for, "Unnie, are you ready?"

Yeji, one of their stylists nodded. She had the same physique as Jisoo's. She would be cosplaying as the lead singer for the night.

"It's good." Rosé replied, taking the phone from Lisa to favourite some of the pictures. Her manager passed her a hot bun, something to keep her warm against the chilling cold that was about to hit them in the face.

"Alright everyone, good work today!" The manager of the show called before bowing. Everyone followed suit as they dismissed for the night.

...

Back at home, Rosé applied a sheet of face mask of a brand she had recently begun endorsing. A deep sigh escaped her the moment the cool material made contact with her heated face, she had really needed that.

As BLACKPINK grew in the past years, all the girls had gotten themselves separate apartments in Seoul. Some days Rosé would just sit by the window, with her guitar in hand and catch starlight as the voice of the ones around her soared into the lonely sky.

Today she was too exhausted to do anything other than soak in the night sky and the stars and the little moon settled in a thick blanket of clouds. Her eyes travelled over the empty apartment, taking in the plush cushions, the little bonsai plants, her collection of guitars and her large YSL bag at the centre of the coffee table, their president had gotten for her.

Suddenly memories of a crumbled piece of paper whizzed by her mind, almost too quick as she glazed over the scene before pushing herself onto her two feet and walking over to the coffee table. It was made of oak wood, something that was elegant but didn't match with the white aesthetic she had in her living hall.

She grabbed her bag and dragged it with her till the open windows overlooking the bustling night life of Seoul down. The city lights accompanied her every move, glimmering brighter at every happy emotion and dulling at the pain that coursed through her heart.

Rosé pulled out the crumbled paper from the evening, its contents still fresh in her memory. After digging deeper, she pulled out another two, with same handwriting and the same name at the end of it. Charming.

She wondered what Charming could mean.

Her eyes glossed over the contents over the other two as a distinct memory hit her all of a sudden.

It was a week ago, when she was in the make-up room SBS Gayo Daejun had allotted for BLACKPINK. Her president had wanted to start pushing her for her solo career and gotten her a solo gig with vocalists of different groups at that time.

She remembered being so nervous that she had to go to the bathroom several times that day, and spend the other playing her guitar and humming the lyrics of the sound to calm herself down.

In midst of the shit storm, a note had blinked up to her from the corner of her eye. The paper insignificant in a crowded room but with Rosé and her jitters, even the smallest aloof thing had been setting her off.

It was placed neatly on the table, nothing covering it as if were braving the wind with its friable material. Rosé had almost found it ridiculous. Her fingers had carefully unwrapped the paper, thinking maybe it belonged to someone else when the first word caught her attention.

It was her name.

It was meant for her.