Time well spent...Kind of

Owen, Claire, Charlie, Franklin, and Zia where in the truck with blue as they are still trying to keep her alive when a man comes in to check on Zia. They all move to the side and Owen quickly holds Charlie close to him trying to make it so the man doesn't see them. Once the man leaves they all come out. 

"That was one of them." Charlie says. 

"What do you mean?" Owen asks. 

"He was one of the guys that tied me up after I insulted him."

"He was?" Owen asks getting mad and She nods. "Okay we are gonna go check some things out and make sure that there is uh, no one else on this boat that is not supposed to be like us, okay." He tells the group clearly lying but they all just nod and he grabs Charlie's hand and taking her out of the truck and they sneak up on the man, once they are a few feet away he turns to her. "Okay, you know how I said no more fights?"

"Yeah." She responds.

"This once, I'll allowing it. Also maybe later depending on what happens." He tells her and she smiles. They sneak up on the man and Owen taps him on the shoulder and he turns around and sees Charlie.

"Hey! You're supposed to be tied up!" He says and Owen punches him hard square in the face when another man yells from behind them.

"Hey! What the hell do you think you're doing?!" He throws a punch at Owen but he dodges it and Charlie kicks him in the ribs and punches him hard in the nose causing it to bleed immediately. 

The other man gets up and tried to call for back up but Owen smacks the radio out of his hand and punches him again then kicking him into a nearby wall. Meanwhile Charlie kicks the other man in the groin and he falls to the ground and Owen grabs him and throws him into the wall next to the other guy and they are both passed out on the ground now. Owen finds a rope and holds it up.

"You wanna give them a taste of their own medicine?" He ask Charlie.

"Hell yeah!" She responds and he smirks and puts the rope around the two passed out men and ties them to a nearby pipe tightly, then putting some duck tape he found over their mouths and leaving them there.

"Okay lets go." He says calmly putting his arm around Charlie and walking away. "You've got a hell of a right hook by the way." He says and gives her a high five and she smiles as they get back to the truck. 

"You beat them up, didn't you?" Claire asks crossing her arms.

"Maybe we did, maybe we didn't. But...we totally did." He says smirking and kissing Charlie on the head. 

"I figured. What if someone saw you?" She asks. Owen shrugs. 

"Then we would beat them up too, plus I'd say it was time well spent." He replies and Claire sighs shaking her head back and forth in disappointment. Franklin looks shocked.

"Y-you beat them up?" He asks.

"Yeah, why?" Owen replies. 

"You know that's illegal, right?"

"You gotta lighten up bud, and yeah I do, but then again they messed with my family so they deserve more than what we did to them." 

"W-what did you actually do to them?"

"Beat the shit outta them." Charlie replies. 

"We did. Watch your language. Also Charlie's got a hell of a right hook. Made the guy's nose bleed instantly. I think the school fights are paying off a bit." Owen says smirking and hugging Charlie. "Don't beat people up unless I tell you it's okay, alright?" He tells her.

"Okay Owen, I wont, maybe." She replies. Owen chuckles.

"That's all I can ask for." 

"And you allow this?" Claire asks.

"I told her, only if I allow it and I gave her permission to kick their asses. You are not the boss of me or her, therefore you can't tell her what she can and can't do." He replies.

"And what would her mother think about this?"

"She would kill me, but then again she's not here and I lost my phone halfway up the volcano so, yeah."

"And her brother?" Claire brings up and Owen jaw tightens and Charlie looks at Claire in disbelief. 

"Don't talk about him." Charlie says. 

"Claire! Don't bring that up, please. He was my nephew and if you think that eleven years later I still don't miss him and Charlie doesn't miss him too then you are dead wrong." He says coldly. 

"You're right, I'm sorry." Claire says. Owen looks at Charlie and he sees that she is just staring at the ground with her arms crossed and tears in her eyes and he walks over to her. He wraps his arms around her in a hug and she hugs him back and he kisses her head and rests his chin on her head and rubs her back.

"It's okay. You're okay." He tells her softly as she cries silently into his chest. Zia and Franklin look at Claire with surprised faces. 

"What's wrong?" Zia whispers. 

"I'll tell you later." Claire responds now feeling bad for bringing him up. 

"It's alright honey, I know you miss him. It's okay." He tells her still rubbing her back and holding her close as she cries. She stops crying after a little while. 

"I'm sorry." She says backing away.

"Charlie, honey, it's okay. it's normal to miss him, it's fine." Owen tells her softly and smiles gently at her. She smiles back and wipes her tears and sniffles.

"Damn that was embarrassing." She says chuckling a bit and Owen laughs a little too.

"Just a little." He jokes and she hits his arms playfully. 

"Shut up." She says. The Blue makes a loud screech and Zia applies more pressure to her wound and gets the bullet out and Blue screeches louder in pain and Owen goes over to her and rubs her head trying to calm her down. 

"Hey, hey, it's okay, you're okay now." He says to Blue, trying to comfort her.